English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hailwatch Service?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

I know this has probably been asked but I couldnt find it in the search. Can someone explain to me what Hailwatch is? Is it worth having? Do you only get 1 report when you purchase the service?

Thanks!

Randy

April 6, 2010 at 9:22 p.m.

tico

no problem brother,

April 6, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.

RandyB1986

Thanks Tico.....that site is cool. I have always used NOAA.....but never seen hail.org.

April 6, 2010 at 10:25 a.m.

tico

hailwatch .com is A paid service. i get as much info going to the NOAA site,put hail in the search engine and then about 2/3 down the page you see storm prediction.it will give you location by size,closest town/city and county. then g to hail.org.on the primary page, on the right you'll see the header for MAPS.the first one will be view hailstorm maps,click it. then once the window opens you'll have a map thats gonna indicate loations specifically.the yellow is up to one inch,the green up to 3 inches,and the blue is 3 and greater.you can scroll your mouse to resize the map larger,switch it to satellite and actually see the neighborhoods and the home density and the roof sizes and designs.

P.S. the second under maps is the prediction.it will give you centers and swaths. like today,it has swaths for rain,along with hail predictions. todays is from just east of el paso,through Houston up through the alley of OK.,missouri,up through indiana and across the top and all the way to Conn.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Readyslate Sidebar Ad