User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

goog411

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

This is way cool http://www.google.com/goog411/>>>

July 18, 2009 at 2:24 p.m.

CIAK

Oh yeah best part is " NO PHONE BILLS " none , zero , zip , notta !!!!!!!!!!!!!

B) B) B) B) :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheer: :cheer: :) ;) ;) ;) ;) :silly: :silly: :) :laugh: B) :lol: :kiss: :kiss: :side: :woohoo: :silly: B) B) B)>>>

July 18, 2009 at 10:23 a.m.

CIAK

Ed I love this for it's convenience . Because I'm traveling around the country all year long . I just pick up the cell call goog411 on speed dial , say what I 'm looking for , follow voice commands and I'm connected . No fuss no muss. I don't even need to look at the phone . I already have all my phones on Ooma. All phone numbers are ported . Dry DSL line to the house . All my out of country calls free + long distance. I don't have a bundled package with Verizon , I have been able to pick and choose what I want . I can and do call forward my lines to what ever phone I have or want . I determine what calls go where. If I want I can even change my phone number to what ever area code I want in any part of the country . With a number in that area code. It tells me who is calling . It will spam block calls. I'm in control of my phone life . Three way conversation . Voice mail forward to email. Online number identity's. Their is serious negotiations going on with Google voice and Ooma. The best part no packages Just the cost of the equipment and a very small fee a year. The basic line alone was more a month than what this cost a year when I was to ignorant to figure it out . Community black list ( who needs the national call block not me ) I can expand to what ever features I want. So far this blows away anything anyone has offered yet. Check it out. Of course I have Skype , most know what that's about.>>>

July 18, 2009 at 10:17 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

Here is a copy/paste from the poster on another forum with that Mac/PC dual mode software, but I was mistaken, it is $79.00, not free.

Ed

QUOTE: Intel Mac - Running Windows via Parallels on an iMac

Postby wallmaxx » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:07 am I just tried Parallels 4.0 15 day demo ($79 to buy) - now I have mac and windows all on the same desktop - seamlessly. It is really awesome. No dual boot or having to reboot to change OSs. I just fired up AutoCAD and it works great, except that the mac keyboard number pad doesn't work.

I can drag and drop from PC to MAC and back. This was a great tip from www.lifehacker.com www.lifehacker.com.

No more having to run two machines to do it all. Now everything is on the 24" iMac...........[cue the zen-like music]>>>

July 18, 2009 at 9:57 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

You should sign up for Google Voice, which is still in Beta, but what isn't from them still, like gMail is still Beta, LOL.

Google Voice will assign you one phone number and it will ring at all of your other phones and take transcripted voice mail messages for you to read as an e-mail later on.

You have to be on the waiting list, since they bought out GrandCentral, but they are starting to release the users as of June 12th or so.

Check out Google Labs to see what else they have coming up or are considering.

Now, for some really cool stuff, look up MashUps or is it Mash Ups. Everything under the Sun and all done in the Cloud World environment.

Have you seen Windows 7 Beta. Lots like XP without the Vista burden.

Also a really cool free Mac/PC program that just hit the street, works really well for those that run dual monitors and need the MAC capabilities.

Ed >>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Roofing Passport
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
USG - Sidebar - Fire
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad