User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Gone huntin'

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed

Off to Clearwater beach for the long w/end. Gonna chill out and hunt for all that long lost jewelry with my brand new high fallutin metal detector then retire to the tropics.

See yaw'll next week. Have a good holiday. :)>>>

September 12, 2009 at 1:58 p.m.

seen-it-all

I used to do lots of metal detecting years ago. Might get me a new machine to pass away some idle time once I'm up and mobile again. Looking at the picture of those coins made me think back to the times I used to go out every weekend coin shooting.>>>

September 12, 2009 at 1:49 p.m.

egg

I can just imagine the frustration using one of those machines on the adobe clay we have around here. You're only chance would be to use it in the dead of winter.

" My wife was pissed the first week I had the detector. Yard looked like a war zone..." rotfl!!>>>

September 12, 2009 at 9:55 a.m.

Jed

Well, seems like alot of diggin' :laugh: I was talking to an old boy down there who was using a Minelab Explorer. It's a top end machine and misses very little. He told me his averge is 1200 hits on coin for every $100 collected. He had a scoop with a looong handle. >>>

September 11, 2009 at 6:18 p.m.

jfreynik

Hey Jed no comment on my find?>>>

September 9, 2009 at 8:18 p.m.

jfreynik

Heres what I got the last time I went to the beach. Spent about an hour. Some nails, an old brass beach tag, sinker and al ot of change Vaa taught me how to post a better picture.>>>

September 8, 2009 at 2:47 p.m.

jfreynik

you got to take the good with bad. The first time you hit on something good you will be hooked for life. Think about where people are a lot. City parks, after carnivals, beach, Old buildings and barns. Always concentrate around the entrance of the old homes. You know, reach in your pocket to get your key and you pull out some change with it. That's always been good for me.Of coarse I live in area that's been lived in for over 250 years and the civil war was fought in this area. I'm just up the river from where George crossed the Delaware. A lot of old cannon ball furnaces still around. Places like Biloxi could drive you nuts with all the junk. My yard is like that also. I cant go 1 ft. with out a hit. Did find an old pocket watch about 24 inches deep. My wife was pissed the first week I had the detector. Yard looked like a war zone :ohmy:>>>

September 8, 2009 at 11:47 a.m.

robert

You should try biloxi or gulfport lots went into the ocean there maybe some rare old coins? :laugh:>>>

September 8, 2009 at 11:39 a.m.

Jed

Ethics aside, bagging everything I found would have been uncomfortable to say the least. A Tonka truck and squashed FL aquarium penny were most prized, bottle caps were prolific and condom wrappers give a surprisingly high pitch tone indicating they are indeed very conductive...........think I'll leave that there. A good intro to what may turn out to be an interesting hobby after all.>>>

September 2, 2009 at 5:39 p.m.

wywoody

Just remember, the ethical hunter eats all he bags. Have a good holiday, Jed.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Maven Group SIdebar Ad