English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Get Hired and Get A Gun?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

If you pass a background check, sell 10 jobs you can get an AR-15. I think that this is the same guy that would give you a gun if you bought a roof from him.

I have an NRA sticker in the back window of my truck so I am not anti-gun, (I am anti-not being able to help the mentally ill) but does it really have to be an assault rifle? Can't you give away a hunting rifle or a vacation. It sends such a bad message.

Even if you pass a background check why put a gun in the hands of someone that is not responsible enough to handle it. A gun is not a toy or something to win like a camera or something. Give 'em a drone!

http://www.guns.com/2016/10/14/roofing-company-offers-free-firearm-for-new-employees-video/

http://taskandpurpose.com/this-roofing-job-has-great-benefits-like-a-free-ar-15/

October 25, 2016 at 8:00 p.m.

tinner666

Won't hurt him any. BTW the AR 15 is a good hunting and perfect plinking rifle, and the DHS considers it an excellent defensive weapon, but not too worthy for assault. I have a short barreled NFA M-4 and it's easy on my back, (weight), but I prefer smaller arms.

October 23, 2016 at 4:09 p.m.

vickie

I don't always agree that all publicity is good publicity. The goal is to sell more roofs. How many people are not going to buy from him now. He's famous now but will it improve the quality of his business?

October 20, 2016 at 5:08 p.m.

Lefty1

I think it is great. A premium is a premium. Whatever his market will support. Even if no one took him up on the offer he got a lot of free advertizing.

I do not own a gun. Never did. If I am not allowed to own a gun, I will own one. Because that is when I will need one.

October 20, 2016 at 8:08 a.m.

clvr83

Alba Said:At the time of his murder he was surrounded by trained armed guards who are the best in the world.

In 2008, we spent over $2mil a DAY in presidential & White House security, which includes the secret service. I've never been to a large event where the President was speaking, but I can only imagine how many sniper lookouts there are ever since JFK's assassination.

Gangs of New York - Awesome movie. I'd like to know how real to life that was.

October 19, 2016 at 9:42 p.m.

Alba

I'm all for small caliber guns for self defense ,but the general population doesn't need to own high powered rifles that can kill from a mile away.JFK got killed by a lunatic with a rifle like that.At the time of his murder he was surrounded by trained armed guards who are the best in the world.

October 19, 2016 at 9:34 p.m.

Alba

It is insane mike.My judgment might be distorted by working in the roofing industry where 99.99% of the people I have encountered are armed psychopaths and sociopaths of various degrees, but it seems to me that USA is too cutthroat and violent society for a wealthy and industrial nation.if you look at statistics the murder rate in US is a lot higher than in other comparable wealthy countries even though we have incarcerated 25% of the world's inmates .

October 19, 2016 at 9:24 p.m.

clvr83

Alba Said: the infatuation with guns is simply idiotic in this country.

I'm for gun ownership rights, but I definitely agree with this statement.

October 19, 2016 at 12:00 a.m.

Alba

the infatuation with guns is simply idiotic in this country.

October 18, 2016 at 8:54 a.m.

wywoody

Hey Mike, maybe it's better if Kiwis don't have guns, if you believe this commercial.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ANbp/fedex-eds-novelties

In reality, they were portraying someone stupid, and nowadays that has to be white people or the pc police would have gotten them, so they pick on the smallest mostly white country that people can recognize.

If you go 11 miles from me, you hit the foothills to the Cascades. Another 3 or 4 miles and you hit National forest or timber company land. After that, every place you can pull off the road is littered with spent shells and beer cans. The only time I go up there is in the mornings and it's pretty mellow up there, weekend afternoons though, it's a warzone of crazy.

October 18, 2016 at 7:17 a.m.

TomB

Guns are a tool - Out of the millions of guns and gun owners in the U.S. there's going to be a catastrophe once in awhile. It's simply human nature, (notice I said HUMAN nature?). Not to sound callous, but really now - There's millions of knives forks & spoons abound.....People are going to cut themselves &/or overeat.....It happens.

October 18, 2016 at 6:43 a.m.

clvr83

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said:..

I was raised in the country, maybe even the "sticks." Hunting is a topic talked about anywhere you go. We are just good ol boys, some of us straight up hicks. Some of us/them are far too dumb to own a firearm in my opinion.

I recently ordered both of those weapons. We just did a roof for a guy who owns a firearm store and he made me a hell of a deal. I got the AR for an investment, although I think I'm a bit late on that one. Getting the pistol I was reminded of a local news story: Guy comes to the door late at night of a mid-50's couples house. Shoots the man answering the door. The woman is in the bedroom, finds their gun and shoots the intruder when he comes to the back. The woman got shot in the hand, I can't recall the fate of the other two.

I'll never NEED to use it with any luck but it's sitting over there for when I feel like knocking some cans over.

October 16, 2016 at 4:59 a.m.

TomB

I'm with ya on that one Vickie.

as an added note: I'm very leery at the local shooting ranges these days as more & more people are showing up with guns who have no clue. I've picked-up and left, (especially when my kids are with me), on several occasions.

I'm absolutely pro-gun, but over the past couple of decades gun ownership by those not traditionally involved, (so-to-speak), has exponentially grown. It's bit scary. I'm surprised accidents haven't been on the rise......Or maybe they have? I know I've witnessed some pretty stupid/careless things.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Baner Ad - Safety First: Tremco
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
USG - Sidebar - Fire