User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Free Advertising for Roofers

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

msshottet

Does anyone no where you can advertise for free, or what is he best way to advertise and most efective, and economical any feedback is appreciated. I am in Miami, Florida by the way.>>>

July 16, 2009 at 3:06 p.m.

CIAK

ED Loved this one " Park your company vehicles with your logo and phone numbers at high visibility traffic intersections and move them around every day or so " Especially now when things have been so tight . You might not need a few of those trucks and they do make for good advertising. Like a billboards or bus benches. :laugh: :laugh: ;)>>>

July 16, 2009 at 10:52 a.m.

JET

You 'da man Ed.........keep it coming, this is good stuff.

JET>>>

July 16, 2009 at 1:57 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

If that were the intent, then either I am too refrained in my posting habits and realize that words typed on a computer mean nothing to me if intended the wrong way, or I am too naive to pick up on the subtleties of others denigrating castigations by innuendo.

Conversely, I would undoubtedly bet that there are more than one contractor viewing this forum that would like to assimilate some low cost methods of marketing to stir up some cheap, yet viable leads.

As can be seen, when the OP asked how much to charge, the reply was only worthy of the initial question.

Either way, I do remember some wise words once spoken by the most absurdly type of woman, that being Dr. Ruth Westheimer, when asked why she bothers to reply to sometimes seemingly frivolous and jocular questions put forth by her listening audience.....She replied, someone out there actually probably does have that question on their mind, regardless if the current caller is just being a prankster or not, and it is my responsibility to see that they get the true answer they were looking for.

Ed>>>

July 15, 2009 at 10:29 p.m.

Mike H

You are forever the gentleman, Ed.

Oh the flames these kinds of posts used to generate, now we just ignore them. Everyone but Ed. I do have to tip my hat to ya a bit.>>>

July 15, 2009 at 8:49 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Just lining up my options in advance so that I continue to plug away and keep moving one foot in front of the other, even if times get dire out there and advertising and marketing options seem slim to none.

Those are just the ones that I thought of off of the top of my head, but really due to reading other posts on other forums where some contractors experiment with everything. Thats the number one reason that I like www.ContractorTalk.com, www.ContractorTalk.com, so much, due to the diversity and endless options and opinions.

Ed>>>

July 15, 2009 at 7:15 p.m.

Old School

Ed, you sound like you have done that before!>>>

July 15, 2009 at 11:49 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

Your own website will only cost you less than 10 Bucks per month.

Then, enter your company information into as many free directory submission sites that are related to your trade or similar.

Enter your company info into Google Local Maps for up to 10 locations and phone numbers too, so you show up in the first search section on the first page of Google.

Try entering "Roofing Contractor, Carpentersville IL" and see if my site shows up more than 3-4 times on the first page of Google. Other near-by towns would be "Elgin IL" and "West Dundee IL".

Leave business cards and fliers at any local establishment you frequent and hand out at least one usiness card per day. They are not Gold, so let go of them and get your name out there.

Use a Clover Leaf pattern and knock on the neighbors doors of any project you have going on. Leave them an informative flier and a "Pardon Our Dust" notification and who and how they can contact if they need anything taken care of.

Put on a free seminar, along with 1-2 other different trades, to educate the local consumers on how and what they should consider for their next home renovation project and have appetizers available.

Sponsor a CPR Class, just to be public minded, but get the local news to cover the event and write up about what you are doing and the benefit to the community you are providing.

Have you done or will be doing any unique projects that the local news might want to write up? Contact the editor and give them a press release about it. They need local interest stories to fill their pages with, instead of just all AP news rehashed.

Park your company vehicles with your logo and phone numbers at high visibility traffic intersections and move them around every day or so.

Thats enough for starters.

Ed >>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all