User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

For your amusement

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

egg

My amazing friend. Master carpenter and sculptor Bruce Johnson. I roofed his house but he did his own shingling and flashing on this one. He elevates craftsmanship to an awesome height and man can he crank out the work. Whenever I start feeling old and tired all I have to do is picture him crawling out from under one of his giant sculptures covered in chips and sawdust and multiply that image by about a thousand. As hard as we work it's nice sometimes to feel that we have it easy.

http://www.bohemian.com/northbay/art-arising/Content?oid=2711334

His website:

http://formandenergy.com/new/gallery/

July 27, 2015 at 1:49 p.m.

Mike H

Makes me realize just how untalented I really am.

July 19, 2015 at 10:33 a.m.

wywoody

We have a local guy kind of like that. This is a bell he made for WSU Vancouver.

July 18, 2015 at 3:55 p.m.

Lefty1

He is creative with materials he has chosen to recycle. I was just read "The Shark's Paintbrush: Biomimicry and How Nature Is Inspiring Innovation "by Jay Harmon it is on bio-mimicry. He explores how nature does not waste anything. We do not have to have landfills if we mimicked nature. It is just not cost effective in the short run or we would follow natures lead. Sometimes it is not about the money just about keeping the statis-quo. It is a good read.

When the conversation turns to landfills and I am asked my thoughts people are surprised at my comments. Well not really. I say it does not concern me in the least. When we run out of landfill space, research will turn to turning all the garbage into useful products.

Bruce found a way to turn scrape redwood into a bueatiful, useful and profitable product. That is what makes him exceptional in my eyes.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo