User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Football Awards

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

elcid

Last nite they gave out deserving awards for the Doak Walker and Charley Bednarik Trophies. It put me into a reminiscent mood, cause they both crossed my path, along w/ a number of famous athletes. Doak played on our basketball team in the Army, and with him I was introduced to Kyle Rote another football All-American from SMU. We played against a team from Randolph Field, that featured a guy named Doc Blanchard, probably the greatest fullback ever out of West Point. Chuck alias Clutch alias Concrete Charley Bednarik was in my class at the U of P, and he was the last and greatest center that played both ways for a full 60 minutes. Met him years later when he was selling us lightweight concrete for a local company. His most memorable tackle was in the waning minutes of the 1962 NFL championship against Green Bay, when he literally sat on (either) Taylor or Hornung not allowing him to get up near the goal line so that time ran out. Score: Eagles 17 to 14. I have been truly fortunate to have competed against some other famous sports figures, i.e. Paul Arizin - Villanova, probably the first one ever to adopt the one handed jump shot, Paul Senesky - St. Joes, - at the time All-Americans. At this phase of my life, fond memories are most comforting.

December 11, 2009 at 12:56 p.m.

elcid

Sammie is now a grown up young lady, who will graduate high school next summer. Still as pretty as her Nana was, she captained her softball team last year. She has gone out on numerous auditions, however, casting directors invariably choose adults for kids parts, cause of Ca. regulations requiring teachers on board, etc.etc. She is hoping to go on to college and pursue acting.

MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WSRCA - Banner - Western Roofing Expo 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2