User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Finally pulled the trigger

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Lefty1

Bought the Roofers Buggy. It will be delivered Friday.

http://equipter.com/industries/residential-roofing/rb4000/

We will be recycling our customers shingles. This is what tipped the scales in favor of the purchase. We will never put a dumpster in our customers driveway or anywhere else on their property. The Roofers Buggy will allow us to unload into a dumpster at the shop. This will also cut our dumping fees in half.

http://www.crushcrete.com/shingles.html

July 27, 2015 at 1:22 p.m.

Mike H

Nice piece Lefty!

July 24, 2015 at 6:45 a.m.

RoofDude

Holy Cow... those are some HIGH dump fees...!

I pay $42/ton at one dump, & $38/ton at another.

Used to go to a "construction debris only" dump several years ago. They charged a flat rate. My 7x14 dump trailer was $60/load. Then $75/load for the last year they were open. They finally got full & closed.

Only options I have today are two different county landfills. Their prices are the ones I listed.

July 22, 2015 at 11:41 p.m.

Chuck2

Yep Clover, I can see where it could be a lot of help. You can even put a big stack of new shingles on that sucker and lift em up there. I just rarely do a job anymore that's big enough to need anything like that. Most of the jobs I do require nothing more than a couple of large contractor bags that I just drag across the yard to the truck. lol

July 22, 2015 at 9:50 p.m.

Old School

They tried to do recycling of shingles here twice in the last 5 years. The state changed the rules and they can't use it in road asphalt anymore and the market dried right up. there is a place that did it the last time that just walked away from the pile of shingles. They got about $8.00 per yard for letting you dump them and probably 50,000 yards of shingles later they are still sitting in a large compressed pile in the middle of a back lot just off a main road. No one says anything and the company is bankrupt. I am sure it is worth money, but what to do now?

July 22, 2015 at 6:51 a.m.

clvr83

Chuck: When I get frustrated and start thinking about quitting the rat race, going to me myself and I, it calms me to know that I have this thing paid for and that it would be a HUGE help working by myself.

We have free shingle recycling around here as of the last year or so.

July 21, 2015 at 7:41 a.m.

Chuck2

What little trash I accumulate doing repairs goes into the back of my pickup and then into the dumpster at my suppliers place. There is no cost to use their dumpster. It's part of the deal we have where I get discounted pricing to buy most of my materials there plus I get free trash disposal. ;)

July 19, 2015 at 10:43 a.m.

wywoody

Around here, there might be 4 months of the year that you could get away with driving on people's lawns without damaging it. The rest of the time you'd spend more time repairing landscape than time saved by the buggy.

July 19, 2015 at 9:20 a.m.

Lefty1

Mike, we pay $75 + scale fee at the one place. The other place we pay $125 a ton. The recycling dump fee will be around $60 I think. I am meeting with them Monday morning.

July 19, 2015 at 8:32 a.m.

clvr83

This will change your game. We almost never leave the house without it.

July 18, 2015 at 3:26 p.m.

Lefty1

Egg, I forgot to put in the orginal post that we will be recycling our customers shingles.

July 18, 2015 at 11:42 a.m.

egg

Great piece of equipment to add to the arsenal and I hope you get years and years of great work out of it. Good show.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CC-Season5-UnlockingEfficiency-July11-Banner-Watch
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples