User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Finally got my drone working.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Lefty1

I got a drone when this topic came up last year. I could not get it to fly. Finally got someone to get it going for me. I did not spend a lot of time looking for someone.

Tim you were correct. They are not that hard to fly. It will take a lot of pratice to be good at it. Here is a link to my fourth time flying it. The second time I flew it was to price out a chimney repair. Did not waste anytime putting it to work and earning its keep.

About a 1 1/2 minutes into the flight I was in the trees. Did a little trimming. Crashed every flight so far. The drone is strudy. I did not break anything when I crashed. I had a couple that I thought that I would not be flying again.

I am still flying to fast for video. It does not seem like I am flying that fast, until I watch the video.

https://youtu.be/Zz2SrfiFlHM?t=27s

April 22, 2016 at 7:49 p.m.

tinner666

Just watch out for that 333 exemption and drone 'Do' and 'Don't DO' orders. No way around it without a pilot license, which really sucks. :(

April 18, 2016 at 4:05 p.m.

TomHay

Roofguy Said:
Mike H Said: I sent our old friend Tom Hay a link to that first video, and told him to pay close attention to the upper right corner at the beginning... I knew hed have an interesting response foam roof guru, but he always manages to surprise me with his wit.

Wow Mike, LOL. thanks for sharing. I guess Tim must have named his drone Pigs because it was when Pigs fly he would have something nice to say about SPF. LOL

Its just business. Nothing more. Customers want SPF, customers want TPO. We work harder to make money with SPF than with chopped glass, there is no doubt about that. There are no $25,000 to $40,000 gross days with a single crew doing SFP, there are with chopped glass. At least not with the prices in our area.

We simply diversified in order to expand beyond what we were doing - in fact, we have used foam to expand into other sectors altogether. See below, we just recently got patent pending on our poured foam-based duck blinds.

Tom shouldnt read too much into it...

Tim I think I read right, LOL. Look at your new web site, your a foam man on fire LOL. http://www.adamsrooftech.com/

August 10, 2015 at 9:55 p.m.

Lefty1

My one salesman just got a request for me to take a video of an inner city garden to put on the non-profits website of the garden.

This will get around that Holencik Exteriors does community service work. It is always great when you can help people out with something that you have fun doing.

August 2, 2015 at 4:46 p.m.

Mike H

I sent our old friend Tom Hay a link to that first video, and told him to pay close attention to the upper right corner at the beginning... I knew he'd have an interesting response "foam roof guru", but he always manages to surprise me with his wit.

"Wow Mike, LOL. thanks for sharing. I guess Tim must have named his drone Pigs because it was when Pigs fly he would have something nice to say about SPF. LOL

July 30, 2015 at 9:05 a.m.

clvr83

A guy in Louisville just shot one down that was hovering g over his backyard. I don't entirely blame him, but I don't know the whole story yet.

July 27, 2015 at 11:15 p.m.

wywoody

Do you control those on an I-pad , IPhone or a special drone controller? Does it give you the altitude? It looks to my untrained eye that RG might have been pushing the legal limit midway through the video.

July 27, 2015 at 1:45 p.m.

Mike H

Lefty Said:

It is amazing how many things you can do wrong and still run a successful company. LOL

Quote of the decade!

July 27, 2015 at 1:44 p.m.

Mike H

Roofguy Said: Here is something I have been doing for some free advertisement that seems to be really effective. See the video below for an example.

I go to a town and drone the usual things that citizens and former citizens would like to see from the air: their old high school and football field, downtown, any unique city attractions, and especially a closeup of the water tower. Then I post the video link to that citys Facebook page and next thing you know everyone is sharing it...oh yeah, my logo and web address are on the video. ;-) Always get permission from the schools and local uncontrolled airport FBO before you do, but if you walk in with the drone in your hands its pretty easy to do.

I even got this little town below to do a front page article on me and my drone. Cant beat that free publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cpXeNyxT10

Cool Vid Tim. Looks like a Fibertite roof on the HS.

Rumor has it that the reason Tom Hay is no longer with us... He saw "Adams Roof Tech - Foam Roof Guru" and collapsed of a massive Fred Sanford, on the spot.

July 20, 2015 at 9:06 p.m.

Lefty1

Tim, The great part about doing these things is it does not feel like work.

July 19, 2015 at 7:53 p.m.

clvr83

Nice! It's on my wishlist, but something far more expensive just took knocked it back a step.

It always feels good when some type of new advertising gets confirmed as working. I still like looking at how many jobs I get from the two year old website that I built, even though we stayed busy before that.

July 19, 2015 at 9:16 a.m.

Lefty1

Anyone looking for a metal roof with the patina that is on my roofs? They are for sale.

I am planning on putting on a solar shingle roof. There is a lot to get in place for that to happen. It will probably happen in 2016.

July 19, 2015 at 9:12 a.m.

Lefty1

Tim, The video is now public. It is amazing how many things you can do wrong and still run a successful company. LOL

The joy sticks are very accurate. I need to slow down and get closer so you can see more detail. I can feel the difference every time I fly it.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif