User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Exactimate is paying for itself and more.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tico

TomB Said: Spot-on, Tico!

Yes, storm chasers/insurance BS....Its most-definitely the dark side of the roofing biz....In more ways than one....

I knew it would/could be understood. and for those that don't.you are A stormer,A salesman,or you wear one hat with 2 devil horns. XM is flawed.that flaw is taken advantage of by the stormers. would you like the biggest shi{{iest example I've seen?

July 17, 2010 at 6:07 a.m.

TomB

Spot-on, Tico!

Yes, storm chasers/insurance BS....It's most-definitely the dark side of the roofing biz....In more ways than one....

July 17, 2010 at 5:57 a.m.

TomB

Spot-on, Tico!

Yes, storm chasers/insurance BS....It's most-definitely the dark side of the roofing biz....In more ways than one....

July 16, 2010 at 4:39 p.m.

Verified

Ive been denied O & P on a job with more than three trades because there wasnt any complexity involved in the execution of the various trades. I was told that if I had to co ordinate interior and exterior trades and various subcontractors, I could get O and P. There is no hard and fast rule as far as I can tell and each company sets up their own parameters.

Yes they do. Allstate and others who use integra build in actual prices for material and labor..or low value prices and then add 29% O&P for the contractor. I wish they would all get on the same page. Ive done about 400 insurance claims in the last few years and they are NEVER the same. But as much as its a pain they do pay for enough to make alot of us a very good living. ;) So as much as I complain about them...its not that bad. :side:

July 16, 2010 at 2:50 p.m.

jimAKAblue

Verified Said: the way I understand it O & P (GCs) is only when 3 or more trades are involved. They try to count exterior as one trade. I hate when adjusters try to just pay for r&r shingles and felt. Exactimate prices are built around using every line item. I had one tell me well we included some extra stuff to allow for stuff we left out :huh: .I mean its simple pay for exactly what is there and they all should be on the same page..instead they make it a game! using exactimate makes it alot easier. I use acculynx which works about the same way.

I've been denied O & P on a job with more than three trades because there "wasn't any complexity" involved in the execution of the various trades. I was told that if I had to co ordinate interior and exterior trades and various subcontractors, I could get O and P. There is no hard and fast rule as far as I can tell and each company sets up their own parameters.

July 16, 2010 at 2:45 p.m.

jimAKAblue

Verified Said: the way I understand it O & P (GCs) is only when 3 or more trades are involved. They try to count exterior as one trade. I hate when adjusters try to just pay for r&r shingles and felt.

Actually, I like it when the adjusters leave out items. It changes the dialog at the closing table. Heres an example on the cottage. My original estimate was for about 4k. I immediately knew that the customer did not have that much money available for the roof based on his questions and responses. I anticipated that exact response. So, I changed the discussion to "I'm not surprised that the insurance company isn't giving you enough money to build your roof properly. I'm more than willing to build the roof for the exact amount that the insurance company is paying you, as long as I can also collect the necessary supplements to professionally install the roof. I'll use their numbers and assume all the risk for the extra payments. If they don't pay for the supplement, I'll be happy with the money that they have already agreed to pay. You risk nothing. I risk everything."

After a brief discussion about what RCV was, he pulled out the paperwork and handed it over to me. We had the deal.

Overall on two buildings, we raised the RCV from 10,200 to 18,300. I'll be involved in the second dwelling after I prove myself on the little building. That RCV, for my scope went from 2400 to 4500.

I like the "game". The adjusters set me up to be their hero when I can use my expertise to advocate for them. I know I'm going to do a great job in the field....now i have to do a great job in the office to earn some extra cash. Of course, at this point, I'm only at the requesting stage. I might not get everything I ask for but I'm using their system to ask for a whole lot more than they originally were offering.

July 16, 2010 at 9:27 a.m.

Verified

the way I understand it O & P (GC's) is only when 3 or more trades are involved. They try to count exterior as one trade. I hate when adjusters try to just pay for r&r shingles and felt. Exactimate prices are built around using every line item. I had one tell me well we included some extra stuff to allow for stuff we left out :huh: .I mean its simple pay for exactly what is there and they all should be on the same page..instead they make it a game! using exactimate makes it alot easier. I use acculynx which works about the same way.

July 16, 2010 at 9:17 a.m.

CIAK

tico Said: creating EM was in and of itself A good thing. to bad they cant do something more to bring the actual baseline of certain things closer to reality. what kills me is how much they pay the actual shingle crew.the actual storm fags.some of the crews get beat down to 40-45 A sq. theyre getting max extorted dollar,all the mechanicals,which the shingler has to install and they beat them silly on the labor.the sales person,who does nothing near what the labor force does and they get 3,4, and 5 times the pay.and many times the sales guy gets trimmed by the actual storm fag.so,whats the excuse? and dont no one try to run up on me and tell me Im wrong. I dont have the physical paper proof. what I have is my unemployment record.I tried to sell for them and in A week I was woozy 2 weeks later I was sick.its a nasty dirty side to roofing.dont let me win A big 250 mil. lottery. I have some ideas that would settle the grounds.no means of implementation. people listen to people with money. for the storm fags,pray I stay broke.
I did not understand a word of that tico ? As far as O/P in the program it is included. I will say again that if you are going to be doing insurance work this is the program to look into. Keeps everyone on the same page with the same numbers. If three is a discrepency you can email your estimate to the insurance company to compare line items. This program is update/d every week for current price not quarterly like the old MSBintegra

July 16, 2010 at 7:20 a.m.

tico

creating EM was in and of itself A good thing. to bad they can't do something more to bring the actual baseline of certain things closer to reality. what kills me is how much they pay the actual shingle crew.the actual storm fags.some of the crews get beat down to 40-45 A sq. they're getting max extorted dollar,all the mechanicals,which the shingler has to install and they beat them silly on the labor.the sales person,who does nothing near what the labor force does and they get 3,4, and 5 times the pay.and many times the sales guy gets trimmed by the actual storm fag.so,whats the excuse? and don't no one try to run up on me and tell me I'm wrong. I don't have the physical paper proof. what I have is my unemployment record.I tried to sell for them and in A week I was woozy 2 weeks later I was sick.it's a nasty dirty side to roofing.don't let me win A big 250 mil. lottery. I have some ideas that would settle the grounds.no means of implementation. people listen to people with money. for the storm fags,pray I stay broke.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad