English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Euroshield

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed

Just got back from the expo and this blew me away. If this is marketed properly and with a little bit of luck it will be huge.

http://www.euroshieldroofing.com/

February 24, 2010 at 1:35 p.m.

wywoody

I think there's a term for a burning tire around the neck, something like "Sowetan necklace." Named after a slum in South Africa. No thanks, I don't need that much bling.

I avoid new things with long warranties from companies with short histories. Especially in the fake shake/slate area.

February 24, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.

Jed

$400 a roofers square....sheeeesh. Six nails per "shingle" which will catch the top of the one underneath, and the bottom is held down by a lip that hooks onto the one below. 150 mph wind test and got through the Miami Dade tests which are some of the strictest in the country. The one concern I had for the rep was getting them up if you have a leak would be a bitch,... and then reinstalling them. He said it can be done with a flat bar and warm weather, but "you shouldnt have a leak". Thirty pound underlayment. Cuts with a regular straight blade, and for valley cuts you might wanna use a skill saw he said.

February 24, 2010 at 11:32 a.m.

egg

Must mean square foot. We used to use tires to burn brush piles. Not easy to light casually, but once they get going they burn unbelievably hot. Throw on green branches etc. and lace in a few tires to the mix, pour on a little diesel, everything burns to white ash. I'm going to look into this material anyway. Thanks for the tip.

February 24, 2010 at 6:51 a.m.

Jed

Woody, at the display stand it never occured to me to look for the side laps but I cannot say that they stood out at the time and I'm sure I would have noticed. The fireproof question came up and the rep stated some case of a house that burned down that was next to a house that had his product on the roof and the firemen reckoned it saved that house blah, yeah whatever.....that said, have you ever tried to set fire to a car tire? Fair point. MR,these run at four bucks a sq BUT you get a fifty yr (for what it's worth) pro-rated warranty, and they "expect" the roof to last to the seventy eighty yr mark. Look, I'm the biggest cynic out there and ain't impressed by much but this really caught my eye. Just sayin...

February 23, 2010 at 6:03 p.m.

wywoody

I looked in their gallery. It might suffer what many products that mimic the sidelaps to try to make panels look like individual pieces. All the street views clearly show the panel lines even though the closeups don't. The other question I would have is "how do they make old tires fireproof?"

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - This is Roofing School! (RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising