User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RoofSnap - Sidebar- Gutter Measurements #2 - July
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Estate Claim

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jaylee714

I have a homeowner who's father passed away before the hail storm and the property is currently an 'estate'. Homeowners daughter contacted insurance in regard to the claim and the insurance told her that she didn't want to bring any attention to the policy. Also, it was said she could be dropped. Is this true? They have a valid claim, their roof and gutters are badly damaged but I do not want to steer them in the wrong direction. Should I advise them to file the claim? What will happen if they do file the claim. The obvious answer is they paid their payments so they have coverage and they should file the claim but I want to make sure this is the correct answer. Thanks!

June 16, 2024 at 5:18 a.m.

AdamsAdams5

In the realm of real estate claims, keeping current matters customer service paramount. Resolving disputes promptly and with empathy fosters trust and enhances client satisfaction. Effective communication is the cornerstone, ensuring clients are informed at every step of the claims process. Addressing concerns promptly demonstrates commitment to client needs, bolstering the reputation of real estate professionals. By prioritizing customer service, real estate agents and firms not only resolve claims efficiently but also cultivate long-term relationships built on reliability and transparency. This approach not only protects the interests of all parties involved but also upholds the integrity of the real estate profession.

October 30, 2011 at 1:04 p.m.

Tin Man

I owe everyone an apology. It us harsh, and out of line. Sorry!!

October 28, 2011 at 8:15 a.m.

CIAK

You don't mention what type of HO policy this is or what state you are in. Working off of the language found in the a standard Homeowners - Form A. The very last paragraph of the policy covers what you describe:

9. Death. If the named insured dies, we insure: a. the name insured’s spouse, if a resident of the same household at the time of death. b. the legal representative of the deceased. However, if this legal representative was not an insured at the time of death of the named insured, this policy will apply to such legal representative only with respect to the premises of the original named insured. c. any person who is an insured at the time of such death, while a resident of said premises.

Tin that was radical visceral advise. "Dude."

The estate would have the right to make a RCV claim IMO. It might make sense for them to replace the roof by the estate prior to transfer to any heirs. Generally, the money itself is all heirs are looking for.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

October 27, 2011 at 4:31 p.m.

Tin Man

Why do you care. If they want the work, THEY are responsible for the payment. I would not wait for the insurance company to pay me. USFC= You signed the f**king contract. Why get involved?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner Ad - Live Estimating Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Hunter Panels - Sidebar - H-Shield HD 250x265
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad