User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

EPA Compliance

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tinner666

So...... How many of you guys are certified yet. I can't afford the $500.00 yet. And after certification, it's supposed to only add $35.00 to the job. From wrapping the house, taking air and other samples, space suits, etc.

Or do we just stop a foot from chimneys, dormas, etc. and wait for a certified technician to come in, remove the siding, flashing, or whatever needs doing, then flash these items.

And just think, this, including taking samples will only add $35.00 to the job!

December 22, 2009 at 4:34 p.m.

craftesman

from what i understand, on the exterior you have to disturbe 20 sq ft. i do not think that re flashing a dormer or such would count. new sidding ????

December 21, 2009 at 8:06 p.m.

tinner666

Supposed to affect the painters more. HAve to take and turn in 160 samples from the house. EPA class says that anything being disturbs, as noted earlier applies. GO into the house for something, dispose of the space suit, and don another when you go back out.

December 21, 2009 at 7:44 p.m.

tinner666

Gable ends butting into walls apply. Fascia repairs reply. Tossing lead painted pipe collars into the trash from a tear off applies. Nothing new. It's just that the deadline is near. I hear many will attempt to fly under the radar. BTW, from a friend who just completed the class, $32,000. fine, per occurance, per day. CT has a thread on it. So does RC, and I think JLC. Ever disturb plaster on an older home?

December 21, 2009 at 7:41 p.m.

tinner666

http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovation.htm This applies to roofers too if we disturb fascia, siding on dormers, additions, all kinds of nice things we do that can disturb lead paint. We have until April to get certified. Take classes on how to use plastic and duct tape to seal work areas, including a perimeter up to 20' out from the foundation. Same ole stuff. I was just wondering how everybody is fairing getting certified?

December 21, 2009 at 6:59 p.m.

copperman

what are you talking about? please explain ?????

December 21, 2009 at 6:59 p.m.

copperman

what are you talking about? please explain ?????

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away