User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Enjoy the show

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed

Click HD and full screen then enjoy the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

January 4, 2010 at 11:42 p.m.

pgriz

Wywoody - because some parts of the distant sky are perpetually obstructed for us by the plane of the Milky Way. We see above and below, but the plane itself is filled with humongous clouds of dust and gas that don't allow much light or other type of energy to penetrate.

What's really interesting, is that what we think of as "normal" matter is apparently only 2-5% of what the universe consists of. Dark matter seems to contribute about 30%, and dark energy makes up the rest. So all of our science and knowledge is based on observations of the numerically unimportant 2%. And we thought we were smart. :blink: :woohoo:

January 4, 2010 at 7:33 p.m.

wywoody

Why is the area if galaxies we have been unable to map shaped like opposing cones?

January 4, 2010 at 3:09 p.m.

kage

Jed Said: Given that LIFE CRAWLED FROM THE OCEAN...........roughly 3.5 billion yrs ago (carbon dating proves this) and that man evolved about 3 million yrs ago, our time on earth boils down to only a few minutes, and as modern man only seconds.

:blink: :laugh: :lol:

January 4, 2010 at 2:05 p.m.

Jed

I'm not smart enough to do the math, but a few yrs ago I saw a graph someone had made up and it condensed the existence of life on earth into a 24hr time period. Given that LIFE CRAWLED FROM THE OCEAN...........roughly 3.5 billion yrs ago (carbon dating proves this) and that man evolved about 3 million yrs ago, our time on earth boils down to only a few minutes, and as modern man only seconds.

I don't know if it is limited to conceit Terry, that would imply that a level of intelligence is being employed. I think ignorance (with regard to being open to the fact) would be a more accurate choice.

January 4, 2010 at 1:38 p.m.

dennis

Thanks Jed

January 4, 2010 at 8:41 a.m.

Terry D

A person would have to be incredibly conceited to believe that we are the only "so-called" intelligent life.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence