User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

elk shingles

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

salesman1

Hello every one kinda new here don't know if anyone could help me but I will try.i'm looking for about 2sq of ELK gallery shingles color BALSOME FOREST there black and green I LOVED this color have a former customer that needs a repair on his 85 sq custom build house would just hate to have to try and match this color with some thing else if any one knows of any PLEASE let me know when I told him they didn't make that color any more he was just sick because he loved this color when I showed it to him. Plus his house on the golf course really and stands out. Any help would be great,thanks

March 20, 2010 at 12:32 p.m.

Old School

Is his name "Adam"

March 19, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.

salesman1

thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!

March 18, 2010 at 6:57 a.m.

Stephen1

salesman1- i found out on Monday that they are NOT in my neighbors warehouse- but I am still waiting to hear back from the custodian of the parish if they are on parish property. he is just back to work after surgery having a rib removed-and as you might imagine this is not a high priority for him. if the parish still has them there is only one place on the property they could be stored-and the custodian WILL eventually check there- but it is not a pressing concern for him----- stephen

March 17, 2010 at 12:00 p.m.

salesman1

hey stephen just checking on those shingles thanks :)

March 13, 2010 at 10:11 a.m.

Old School

Gosh Stephen, you should let your guard down a bit and tell us what you really think if that guy!

March 13, 2010 at 5:18 a.m.

Stephen1

Salesman1, i will try to ask arounbd this weekend about those shingles.

the roof looked great when I did the roof- but the current roof the other guys did?- not so great.- It has had ridge caps blowing off it all winter.

not that it matters to you- but that church roof is a sore point with me. It's my parish and i have literally lived my entire life within 4 blocks of that church. Parish needed to build a new building as the old one was actually in structural danger of collapse-and I was asked to help the parish save some $$$ by doing the original roof myself-which I did for peanuts. I was proud to do it at the time because I knew all my friends,family and neighbors would be married and buried from under MY roof for the next generation------. My arrangement was-that since i lived only 4 blocks from the church- if there was EVER a problem with the roof and I was anywhere in the state- I would respond within 2-4 hours, 365 days out of the year. and then one of the knownothing ,devious ,pickleweasel, conniving board members decided to work an insurance scam----and now they have caps blowing off the roof etc.

.Later, stephen

March 12, 2010 at 9:04 a.m.

salesman1

stephen if you could find out that would be great,Thanks. e-mail me when you find out. how did the church look after it was done, :woohoo:

March 12, 2010 at 5:40 a.m.

Stephen1

ole willie- I doubt anybody will be removing 2 squares of Balsam Forest Gallery Collection Elk-and having them in anything like usable condition.

I installed 140 sq. of those a few years ago on a church roof-and they absolutely FUSE together permanently.

Ironically- I think I know where there might be 2 squares of those shingles, still in the bundles.

when I did the roof- the church had spec'd that FOUR SQUARES be given to the church for future repairs. I think they are in my neighbors warehouse( a parishoner) and forgotten!

Several years after I did the 140 square roof-a hail storm came through the neighborhood- I inspected the church roof on my hands and knees-TWO shingles needed replaced- but one of the parish muckety mucks( a retired car mechanic by trade) wanted to work an insurance scam and I wouldn't play ball since the roof was basically fine. some months later I drove past one day-and another roofing comapany has torn off the entire 140 square roof- left it under half azzed stapled 15# felt-and then it rained for the next 4 straight days- big disaster inside.

Gallery collection had been eliminated- and 50 year Elks in another color were installed----- but I think those Balsam Forest bundles are still sitting in my neighbors shop.

Ofcourse he is a landscaper and he probably has a couple skids of fertilizer stacked on them- but they might be available.

stephen

March 12, 2010 at 3:47 a.m.

OLE Willie

Get the absolute best matching shingles you can get your hands on. Then find a 2 square place on the roof that can NOT be seen from the ground. Take off 2 squares of the old shingles, replace with your new ones and use the ones you took off the back or wherever to do your repair. lol P.S. Put all the nails near where the old nails where and seal all the old nail holes with a good sealant.

March 11, 2010 at 5:50 p.m.

Old School

Good luck!

March 10, 2010 at 10:07 p.m.

salesman1

thanks old school i did call them and they are checking for me.i came here to see if anyone on this forum might know of anybody that might have some laying around.i KNOW it's a long shot but i have to try.what would else can i do?

March 10, 2010 at 6:48 p.m.

Old School

Talk to ABC supply. they can search all of their branches for you and they might find some.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

METALCON - Banner - Ticket Giveaway
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad