User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Either I am getting older or wiser

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

It got hot on the roof today, very hot. I had about 1 square to put on but I started to make stupid mistakes. We went down on the ground for about 20 minutes to cool off and to hydrate. When I was younger, I would have stayed right up there and finished the darn thing, and it probably would have been fine. Why kill yourself though? We finally went up and finished the roof, but speed just isn't as important to me as it used to be.>>>

August 16, 2009 at 9:42 a.m.

Old School

Hey, I am sorry too, but I am still with us! You can't get better than that!>>>

August 16, 2009 at 7:09 a.m.

wywoody

You get me two million and you can throw a 94 mph'er right at my head. But I'll have to see the money first. (Not that I don't trust you.)>>>

August 16, 2009 at 1:26 a.m.

egg

Yes, but sorry is good, too. There are lots of uses for sorry. We were wondering why we were so tuckered out two days ago. Apparently it was over 100 F all afternoon. The following day, 95 didn't seem too bad at all. Water is important, but so are electrolytes. Water by itself will not replenish what gets sweated out. I find nicotine helps quite a lot. (just sportin' w' ya) The heat wave induced me to go ahead and take the weekend off to recharge. Cleaned out my trucks and listened to the game. The Giants won, too; how good can it get? The bad part? Matt Cain lost control of a 94 mph fastball and hit Wright in the head. I'd rather work in 100 degree heat for peanuts than get hit in the head with a 94 mph fastball for millions, even with a hardhat (which I don't wear in 100 degree heat.) The water on the head and face is very much like diving into a pool. You can't beat it. The water on the wrists is like a radiator in a car. Cool the blood down where you can get close to it. In hot weather I'm a big believer in the value of frequent short breaks. I don't care much for shutting down unless people are getting wobbly. The youngsters actually do call me a camel. And to think that as a young child I was the quintessential sensitive lad. Not the throne of the king of Sorry, but a heat shield. (Where are you, Lefty?)>>>

August 15, 2009 at 9:56 p.m.

Old School

I had a container of ice water and I poured some on the insides of both wrists. That was amazing! Then I poured some over my head and it ran down my face and washed off the sweat from my eyes. CIAK like you say, the effect was like a instant shower. I didn't know how badly I was feeling until I stopped for a minute. Better safe than sorry!>>>

August 15, 2009 at 9:03 a.m.

CIAK

lanny Hydration is most important . Funny thing when it's hot and you drink a gallon a day or more . Never get off the roof to pizz . It would come out the pores . With all that poison drying and laying on the upper dermal . It helped to take a quick shower during the day . I was like a breath of fresh air . Renewal :huh: :side: :silly: :side: :woohoo: B) B) :laugh:>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Coffee Conversations - Banner Ad - Exploring the Future of Renewable Energy (Sponsored by ABC Supply)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June