User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Earthquake in Michigan?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I was at my brothers shop about noon today and there was a loud "thump" and if felt like someone had hit the bottom of my foot through the pavement. The guys came running out of the shop as they had been running the stamping presses and when the presses started to "sway" they knew it was not a "double hit" on the 200 tom press. I guess we know what Mike feels in New Zealand now. Supposedly it was centered just south of where my brothers shop in in Galesburg, Michigan. 4.2 is what I heard. I wonder if that is correct? different!

May 3, 2015 at 9:07 a.m.

clvr83

I'm near the New Madrid fault and have felt a tumble before. It's different.

I was in my garage about two years ago when a house in town blew up because of propane, this was three miles away. I ran outisde because I thought somebody had plowed in to the other corner of my shop! Now that was a loud shake. The scene at the house should have been in a movie, nothing but rubble left.

May 3, 2015 at 1:53 a.m.

Old School

Sean lives about 60 miles north of us in Rockford Michigan. I guess the last one was in 1947 and it was exactly the same place. My brother said he thought a tree fell on the building as there was a loud crash. I was standing right next to one of his big trucks with the diesel engine running so I didn't hear it, but I sure felt it. I have felt two other quakes here, but I guess both of them were centered in Indiana or Illinois. It was definitely a quake thought.

May 2, 2015 at 10:10 p.m.

vickie

My husband just said they are blaming Fracking.

May 2, 2015 at 8:11 p.m.

vickie

On Facebook Sean Malone posted about an Earthquake but I just thought he was being funny. He is in Michigan isn't he?

May 2, 2015 at 7:44 p.m.

Old School

I guess I was 5 miles north of the epicenter of the quake. About a close as you can be. I don't think anything was damaged, but it was weird to be in one when you don't see or feel them very often.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner Ad - COO On Demand
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif