User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Do you have a handle on how much time employees are paid but not productive (or all out stealing time)?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

Stealing time, that is the topic we gave our RCS Roofing Influencer's for June and the responses were honest and unexpected. Please read through the variety of opinions on the subject Here: /category/rcs-influencers/stealing-time/

Each day for the next two weeks we will be posting each Influencer's take on the subject. We think this will give you a chance to take an honest look at what you are doing in your own business. Perhaps you have some valuable input you can add. We welcome your participation.

We would also appreciate your feedback on the reader experience but more importantly if you would like to us to consider a topic or question to submit to our RCS Roofing Influencers Group, please send it to me at info@rooferscoffeeshop.com.

June 14, 2017 at 5:33 p.m.

Chuck2

Yep! And if that "boss" is a supervisor hired by the company, the employees will work a "little" harder but if it's the guy that calls ALL the shots and puts the money in their hands, they will work "Much" harder. ;)

June 14, 2017 at 11:17 a.m.

seen-it-all

This topic is like the Theory of Relativity. Maybe more like Special Relativity. That space time thing where if the boss is in the space, there is more productivity.

June 11, 2017 at 7:40 p.m.

Lefty1

Vickie the Boss Said:
Lefty Said: Vickie,

I tried to post a comment on Trents post. It would not let me. Where it asked for my website, I entered it and it said I did not.

This happens on both my laptop and phone.

Lefty - On the Forum, Website or LinkedIN?

Website

June 11, 2017 at 4:13 p.m.

vickie

Lefty Said: Vickie,

I tried to post a comment on Trents post. It would not let me. Where it asked for my website, I entered it and it said I did not.

Lefty - On the Forum, Website or LinkedIN?

June 10, 2017 at 7:11 a.m.

Chuck2

When it comes to working on top of a roof, it all comes down to whether or not there is a boss present with the employees. I don't have employees anymore but I did for many years and I always worked with them leading by example. In fact very few could come close to keeping up with me but as long as I was up there getting after it, they would give it their best shot to do the same. If I left to get lunch, go to the landfill or whatever they would slow to a crawl or completely stop until I got back. If I stopped to take a break, they stopped to take a break. When I got back up, they got back up. It was truly monkey see, monkey do. lol

But evidently working physically with the employees is not a requirement because I once worked for a company that paid hourly ( I always hated hourly ) and they paid the least amount per hour of anyone in the area. However, they always had work. The owner of the company would go with the crew every morning to get the ball rolling. Once he got everything going, he would just sit on the ridge and watch everyone. I've never seen 6-12 roofers work so hard for so little money other than for this guy. He was always there watching their every move.

No one wants to do any of this anymore in today's society. I guess most never wanted to. It's too easy to just send the Mexicans on the cheap and don't worry about it.

June 9, 2017 at 9:14 p.m.

Lefty1

Vickie,

I tried to post a comment on Trent's post. It would not let me. Where it asked for my website, I entered it and it said I did not.

June 9, 2017 at 3:58 p.m.

Alba

On average 60% of the time in construction is wasted .the Mexicans will give you 8 hrs worth of work for 8 hrs pay.the white guys 2-3 hrs work for 8 hrs pay .

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS Trends 2024 - Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style