User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Do any of you use permit services?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

Pros and Cons?

February 13, 2017 at 2:20 p.m.

vickie

We have a customer that is offering a free trip to the permit office for you if you want to give it a try.

January 28, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.

TomB

Nope

January 28, 2017 at 12:13 p.m.

egg

I used Netclerk when they first came out but it was not a smooth operation. Now you can pull permits online if you like which rather eliminates any need for a service. Of course, if there is anything unusual about the job you have to go in and pull them in person anyway.

OS, you're missing the basics on this. All they do is what you authorize them to do, which means you can designate them as your agent to go sit in the chair and wait for the permit technician to complete the paperwork. They're not authorized to make any decisions regarding your operations.

January 27, 2017 at 10:16 p.m.

Old School

Wait a minute! Pull permits and business licenses? The person/company that pulls the permit in Michigan is the liable party for the job. Just who is going to be responsible for warranty work if you have a "permit service" doing the permit pulling and holding the license? That doesn't make any sense at all. Does that mean that "Bill or Jose' who don't have a license but do roofing will hire "Me" to pull the permit and pay me a percentage of the job to handle the paperwork? Are they then not working for me? Am I not then the contractor? How is that a good thing?

January 27, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.

vickie

Sorry guys - got a little busy.

Permit services are just like they sound. I know that they have been around in California for almost 20 years. There are companies that go and pull permits and business licenses for you for a fee. We have a new advertiser that is offering these services nationally and I was just wondering if you use these kind of services and if you find them useful. I am surprised that you have never heard of them.

January 11, 2017 at 7:33 p.m.

Old School

Vickie, Not to be stupid, but what is a "permit service"? Here, we have to have a builders license, and pay the money and go down o the city and get the permit. How is a "service" any different?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SafetyHQ: Banner Ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar