User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Did you know that 1.5" ISO can bust a windshield

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

A full job-site and everybody was impressed. I'm just glad it was our truck. $227, I was pretty happy with that. I'll leave the rest of the week out while I'm still in a good mood.

I know this thread is near useless without pictures, I forgot to take one. Picture an extremely busted windshield.

March 25, 2016 at 6:19 p.m.

clvr83

Today we were finishing up that job when my drone hit a telephone line and came crashing down into the same parking spot! Luckily unoccupied this time. Eff. We are doing an awesome job next week that I really wanted to use it on, but I think I might be able to fix it without ordering parts.

If you don't have a story like these you probably haven't been roofing long! Unfortunately we have a mile long list, as I'm sure most of you do.

March 24, 2016 at 12:28 a.m.

Chuck2

I had the craziest thing happen about 30 years ago when I was still a teenager ( dam i'm old ) :laugh: I had saved up some money from nailing shingles on new construction using a borrowed hammer lol and bought a new Plumb roofing hatchet.

Man was I ever ready to put that big plumb to work. The next day after nailing down about 12 sq. with it, I had the same thing happen as old school and it flew out of my hand.

Except that big meat cleaver was heading for the roof deck with a lot of velocity. When it hit the deck (actually that's what I did was hit the deck) :laugh: Anyways it bounced straight up in the air and somehow managed to land in the dead center of a wind turbine hole with the turbine removed.

I never saw that ole Plumb again as it vanished into the insulation I assume ( or maybe it went through the sheet rock ceiling ) I don't know but I bought another one within a short time and used it until it looked like the handle grips on a bicycle. Custom made so to speak. One day it finally broke in half from the hand/finger wear on the handle. :huh:

March 23, 2016 at 5:45 p.m.

Old School

you are good!

March 22, 2016 at 7:54 a.m.

Old School

I had something similar happen to me about 40 years ago. I was setting up a roof and knocking off the 2 x 4's they had nailed to the roof while they were putting on the plywood. Since I just had my AJC hatchet, I was swinging hard to knock them off. I did it one time too many and the hatchet flew out of my hand without hitting the board. It looked like a boomerang as it sailed through the air, and smashed into the windshield of MY truck parked in front of the building! Sheesh!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
USG - Sidebar - Fire
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald