User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Did 2020 make you or break you?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Mike M.

We have had a fair year so far. The cost increases in materials have held us back from doing as good or better than expected. It looks like we will weather this and the downfall in the economy, and a few minor pitfalls, and keep on trucking though, even if we need a little air in one tire, still rolling, in business, and will survive. Not all in my area can say that, about three others went belly up, mostly due to low balling , and laid back attitude. Was wondering , has it been same , or better, or worse in your area?

August 7, 2010 at 9:10 a.m.

CIAK

Thought of the day, "The average man is always waiting for something to happen to him instead of setting to work to make things happen."- A.A. Milne

August 6, 2010 at 7:16 p.m.

CIAK

The niche markets soar from success to success on the strength of unpretentiously artful selling of repairs and shockingly low prices. Recession? What recession? Sell free and capitalize on the niche. Think out of the box. It is easy not to change. Profits going up that is what is going up.

August 6, 2010 at 6:18 a.m.

TomB

How does costs of materials hinder your profit margins?....Were you locked-in on projects bid with lower material prices?....Our agreements allow for material price increases.

August 5, 2010 at 5:14 p.m.

Old School

We are making do. Not bad, and not good. Can't buy any new equipment for sure.

August 5, 2010 at 3:02 p.m.

jcagle9595

Here in Bakersfield, Ca. the average annual rainfall is under 6" (depending on the info source). We're kinda in the high desert.

We get disaster force winds about once every 15-20 years, a trace of snow or hail every blue moon. Especially with new const. down, there ain't much to prop us up.

I'm just keepin my powder dry, and if'n it don't git better before I git much older I reckon I's gonna go into forced retirement.

August 5, 2010 at 2:36 p.m.

pgriz

My crystal ball is rather cloudy, but I hope it will have been a good year.

As for 2010 is concerned - totally brutal. Unlike Terry, we have had a very mild winter, and no-one feels the need to do anything about their roof. As well, the gooberment last year had tax incentives (part of the recession stimulus package) for home renovations, and this year there aren't any. So... :dry: :blink: :(

August 5, 2010 at 11:26 a.m.

jcagle9595

Can't complain about 2020 myself....................yet. ;)

August 5, 2010 at 7:12 a.m.

Terry D

We are having the best year we have seen since the early '90's. This is mostly due to the bad winter. I am still getting calls from folks that sustained damaged from the heavy ice and snow back in February. We are scheduled into October and have quite a surplus of work that has not been scheduled yet.

August 5, 2010 at 6:52 a.m.

Stephen1

Absolutely the worst I have seen it since the early 80's-probably worse. stephen

August 5, 2010 at 12:51 a.m.

Robby the Roofer

I broke my leg and a bunch of ribs...collar bone, and cracked scapula. I am only making it on L & I.

August 4, 2010 at 8:27 p.m.

tinner666

Same.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch