User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Desperately seeking prayers

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Mike H

Friday morning one of our foremen was in a very bad car crash on his way to work. Freeway closed, lifeflighted north, neck broken.

Surgery completed late and I got see him about 8 pm. Good spirits, all things considered, and doing well today, but walking again is still not guaranteed.

Just pray for J at Hicks... I'm sure God will know who you're talking about.

Thank you in advance. He's one of the good ones. Reminds me a lot of Egg in physique and personality. 51 yrs old and can work circles around most half his age. Been with almost 30 years.

January 22, 2015 at 7:33 p.m.

vickie

Praise the LORD!

January 21, 2015 at 8:39 a.m.

seen-it-all

You are dead on right with that comment lefty.

When I seen that he was 51 and could work circles around those half his age and had been at it 30 years I felt that he will overcome this. He may have limitations but he will adapt and work smarter.

January 21, 2015 at 6:52 a.m.

Lefty1

That is great!

I believe if he had been focused on never working again, his body would have had no reason to heal itself to this degree.

January 20, 2015 at 11:28 p.m.

Mike H

Had lunch with J today.

Popped out of his chair, shook my hand, gave me a hug.

Stood up later, turned in his spot, albeit a bit shaky, pulled his wheel chair over and sat down on it.

They had him out with his walker in the snow yesterday.

Sending him home Friday, one full week ahead of schedule.

For the first time, someone has dared to mention to him the HOPE of a 100% recovery.

Still a long way to go, but he did indicate that it's his hope to roof again.

January 19, 2015 at 7:29 a.m.

clvr83

Modern medicine is amazing, especially combined with some will power.

My cousin broke his neck about four years ago in a car wreck shortly after working w/ us for a stint. He was put in a halo, has now recovered, and is a way better roofer!

Boy was he authentic at my Halloween party with that halo on!

January 18, 2015 at 9:12 p.m.

tinner666

Glad to hear it Mike. It's all about pushing the pain envelope, getting past it and pushing forward.

January 7, 2015 at 2:31 p.m.

Mike H

So, late Tuesday morning I go to the NURSING HOME and...

LOL

Sorry egg, yes, you're quite right, it is a hospital owned assisted care facility that is very "nursing home" like in the front, and the farther back the hallways you get, the more hospital like it becomes, and they are equipped for all sorts of rehabilitation. Very nice facility, by any name.

He's got amazing spirit. It will be 4 weeks since the accident this Friday. His torso is very weak, but as far as movement in the leg goes, pulling the toes upward are about the only limitation right now. Full strength isn't there yet, and there is still numbness in finger tips and the other leg, but those are minor compared to the leg that was near paralyzed, and now it would appear that it's just a matter of continuing to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to PUSH past some pain.

I really appreciate all the comments. Thank you.

January 5, 2015 at 11:25 p.m.

egg

Calling it a nursing home has an unpleasant ring to it. Can't we call it Acute Care or something like that?

January 5, 2015 at 6:57 p.m.

vickie

Great News! He's mobile that's amazing!

January 4, 2015 at 12:32 p.m.

Mike H

After moving him to the nursing home, the therapists jumped his butt like rabid dogs. Four 1 hour sessions a day. Had him wore out big time. On day 2 of therapy he was walking on parallel bars, and could push a walker down the hall way.

No one has said he's going to roof again, but the news is very encouraging. Have not had contact over the holiday week. Hoping to visit on Tuesday, if not later today.

Thank you for your continued concerns, prayers and wishes.

January 3, 2015 at 11:43 a.m.

Lefty1

Mike, I pray all is progressing well.

January 2, 2015 at 11:30 a.m.

vickie

Mike how is your Foreman?

December 17, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.

vickie

I will pray for him but I am praying for his family too. Wife, kids? They may need GOD's comfort too. I am praying for you too Mike. More of a grateful prayer that he has a kind man like you in his life.

December 16, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.

Mike H

Appreciate all the comments.

All signs are looking good, but no promises made just yet. There is sensation and movement, which is a good sign. That's all we got for now.

December 15, 2014 at 9:19 p.m.

tinner666

Prayers coming your way! Sorry to hear of this misfortune. Things just happen so fast sometimes, it can take your breath away.

I'm praying and hopig for the best for him. Tell him to not give up either!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad