Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

copper vents

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

max

I did this roof about 8 years ago is a two-color Spanish slate still looking good. got a call the other day they had a leak went upstairs in the attic and it was leaking around a plumbing boot at least I thought it was a plumbing pipe.it was PVC but it was a vent for a gas dryer. when we install copper vents on these types we must waterproof under the vent as well because of the condensation issue. I didn't realize it was a gas vent so we had to take it off waterproof and reinstall just happen to be three stories off the ground in the middle of a slate roof lots of fun

March 22, 2015 at 10:12 a.m.

max

RoofDude Said:
max Said: I dont know why the pics are so big, I would tink this fancy phone camera wod do-it-all. :laugh:

I used to have the same problem. I typically post pics from cpu not directly from phone. I like to keep the pic size huge for other purposes but, when posting online pics, I will open the picture in the program paint, & just resize it. Click on the resize, & adjust it to 15 or 20%. That seems to work really well. The integrity of the pic remains yet, it doesnt overwhelm the thread.

you're probably right roof dude I posted the pics right off my phone much easier I don't see a feature to reduce the megapixels so I guess I'll just stay big I still can't believe no one has seen or found Waldo

March 21, 2015 at 9:25 a.m.

RoofDude

max Said: I dont know why the pics are so big, I would tink this fancy phone camera wod do-it-all. :laugh:

I used to have the same problem. I typically post pics from cpu not directly from phone. I like to keep the pic size huge for other purposes but, when posting online pics, I will open the picture in the program "paint", & just resize it. Click on the resize, & adjust it to 15 or 20%. That seems to work really well. The integrity of the pic remains yet, it doesn't overwhelm the thread.

March 20, 2015 at 6:55 p.m.

wywoody

It's weird the patterns that get picked up by cameras, the pattern on the small pic makes the roof to the right of the chimney look like it's a lower pitch.

I get those patterns sometimes when shooting tiles, but I always attributed it patterns made to the uniform stagger of the side seams, but that isn't the case on this roof so I don't know where it comes from.

March 20, 2015 at 11:15 a.m.

tinner666

Resizing is best done with the camera or phone menu. Chnge from 15MP to 1 MP, no larger that 3.2 MP for web shots.

March 19, 2015 at 5:58 p.m.

Old School

Round downspouts with a K style gutter!

March 19, 2015 at 4:04 p.m.

max

3 times is not a charm this ain't going to work

March 19, 2015 at 4:02 p.m.

max

March 19, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.

max

March 19, 2015 at 1:34 p.m.

CIAK

There is a free app called simple resize in App Store . B) : :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 19, 2015 at 11:26 a.m.

max

I don't know why the pics are so big, I would tink this fancy phone camera wod do-it-all. :laugh:

March 19, 2015 at 11:22 a.m.

max

March 19, 2015 at 11:19 a.m.

max

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LP Building Solutions - Banner Ad - Remodlers Edge
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo