English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

commercial roof sales

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

prsroof

I've seen posts on pay scales for residential sales but I'm sure on scales for commercial.We have a estimator in office for prints but i looking for someone out knocking on doors. I have one candidate in mind he a season commercial salesman who might fit right in. I would like to set base salary, vehicle, some benefits but i don't want to make him to comfortable not to hustle, as I already made that mistake. Commission on projects 100,000-500,000 and up percentage on a sliding scale, do we make him the project manager do we make him just the face guy. looking for him to bring in around 2 million to 3 million any formulas

January 18, 2016 at 7:38 a.m.

prsroof

Thanks,helps me a lot. The reason we are looking for a salesman / project manager is I move into the public work which has taken lot of my time away from the private sector.

January 16, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.

Old School

It sounds like you have the formula and you already have the "experience" of what not to do. If you can gross 10% on 3 M you would have 300K to work with. With base salary, vehicle, overhead and such, 80K is gone before you start the year. That leaves you 70 K to work with assuming that you would expect half of the gross from the salesperson to go to the company (you) You also have a lot more liability and also one or two crews to find, organize, supervise, and babysit to get the work done.

I would tend to have him/her the project manager so that they have to accomplish the things they "sold" It makes a difference. good luck with all of that.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad - Christopher Kane - Storm Ready: Insights on Hurricane Preparedness
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad