User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Commercial building with bad roof deck

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Norrisrfg

I'm working on putting a bid together for a customer. The existing roof has two layers(built up and single ply on top). There are quite a few soft spots when walking around. Went inside to inspect the decking and can tell a lot of steel will need replaced. I'm also told that the business must remain open throughout the entire roofing process. There will definitely be decking that needs to be changed at various times. I'm curious as to what others have done in the past to prevent debris from falling down inside the building? Suspended tarps? Thanks in advance

February 4, 2020 at 4:13 a.m.

Mathew Joseph

Commercial building roofing is now easy with RSH Engineering services.We offer many services for old and new commercial building also our qualified inspection officers gives you the building inspection cost after the review .

For more information:https://www.rshengineering.com/quotes/ /

March 7, 2017 at 12:41 a.m.

Mike H

What's underneath makes a big difference. A machine shop, and clothing store, a grocery store and a commercial bakery all have different needs, and I've done this on each, and more. Is the BUR asbestos? Is the deck fully exposed? Have made certain that this lion is dead before you decided you wanted to take a bite out of it?

March 4, 2017 at 10:25 a.m.

Old School

I looked at a similar situation about 10 years ago with a clothing store. I walked away from it. You will make a mess tearing it all out, and they will have to move everything away from beneath it. Dust WILL be everywhere. The bad thing is that as yo9u tear off the first layer, you will find more "soft" spots that are being supported by the top layer. As you take off the BUR, the deck will want to break out from beneath you. That is very dangerous for falling as well as making a "sudden" mess below even if you don't fall through. Not for the faint of heart, and certainly not a thing for the "low bidder" Good luck if you do it, but remember that someone will be doing it. Set your parameters, and make it a good contract. Don't "WANT" it too bad.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad