User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Buisness this year vs. last year? Better/worse?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Mike M.

We seem to be about the same amount of jobs so far this year , as last. Yet the overhead, especially with materials, is taking a way bigger bite out of profits. I am glad I up-dated all our older trucks a couple years ago, because I couldn't afford to do so now. The weather has been more rain than usual also, but the heat has not been a problem either , as usual, so I guess it all balances out. I am considering raising prices, but I don't want to lose jobs to the point of laying people off. So, it's a wheel , like in a hampster cage, just keep running , and end up with at least good exercise.>>>

August 14, 2009 at 7:57 a.m.

dougger222

So far this year compared to last year have brought in more money but have done less jobs. A lot of the jobs we didn't have time for last Fall were large steep homes that were carried over into this Spring. Still have a few of those to do though.

Another thing that has changed is a smaller crew and I'm on the job more this year than last year.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:20 p.m.

egg

So far, mostly the same.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 7:17 p.m.

Old School

We are holding our own and that is saying a lot in Michigan. Time will tell!>>>

August 9, 2009 at 1:04 a.m.

OLE Willie

We were dead to the water last year and the year before so to say this year is better is an understatement. We had a lot of minor storms in the spring plus its been raining a lot all year since January. Were not getting rich or anything but it has been better in 09.>>>

August 8, 2009 at 8:36 p.m.

Mike H

We are gaining ground on last year at the moment, but our backlog is not huge. Very busy at the moment, in fact, busier than I have people to do the work. It was a rough start to the year.

You mentioned trucks, I bought 5 new ones last year, and I really wish I had that cash right now.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SafetyHQ: Banner Ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch