Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Bird telepathy

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

Sometimes I think I can tell what a bird is thinking.

This guy for instance:

Even dead I pickup that his last thought were; "This guy's got the hardest head of any bird I've encountered, and the bastard knows all my moves."

November 14, 2015 at 9:06 p.m.

clvr83

It sounds like the bird telepathy showed up a young age!

November 14, 2015 at 3:37 p.m.

Mike H

wywoody Said: Clover, you reminded me of a hunting story. When I was about 16, I was deer hunting with my Dad and brother. I stopped to rest under a pine tree. As I was sitting there, I heard a strange clucking noise in the tree above me. I look up and I can see a pine hen about 20 up the tree.

I imitated the clucking sound and the pine hen moves down a couple of branches closer to me. I repeat, the bird repeats then moves closer. when the bird is about 10 up, I aim my rifle at it. Even though it would have been an easy shot, I realized it would be even easier if I stood up. I slowly stood up, me and the bird still doing our clucking conversation.

After I stood up the bird was about 18 from the end of the barrel and I let him have it. My Dads hunting nickname for me at the time was buttshooter because of where I had shot deer previously. To a meat hunter like my Dad, that was an insult.

We were skunked on getting any deer that day, but the pine hen killed with a clean head shot was a nice consolation. My Dad was so impressed with my marksmanship, I never told him how close it was and that if I had clucked a couple more times, I could have made it more sporting and clubbed the hen with my gun.

That's funny. I smacked a doe on the nose with an arrow one time when she followed my trail right up to my boots and started sniffing.

All four legs went out from under her. One of the funniest things I ever did saw.

November 14, 2015 at 8:53 a.m.

wywoody

Clover, you reminded me of a hunting story. When I was about 16, I was deer hunting with my Dad and brother. I stopped to rest under a pine tree. As I was sitting there, I heard a strange clucking noise in the tree above me. I look up and I can see a pine hen about 20' up the tree.

I imitated the clucking sound and the pine hen moves down a couple of branches closer to me. I repeat, the bird repeats then moves closer. when the bird is about 10 ' up, I aim my rifle at it. Even though it would have been an easy shot, I realized it would be even easier if I stood up. I slowly stood up, me and the bird still doing our clucking conversation.

After I stood up the bird was about 18" from the end of the barrel and I let him have it. My Dad's hunting nickname for me at the time was "buttshooter" because of where I had shot deer previously. To a meat hunter like my Dad, that was an insult.

We were skunked on getting any deer that day, but the pine hen killed with a clean head shot was a nice consolation. My Dad was so impressed with my marksmanship, I never told him how close it was and that if I had clucked a couple more times, I could have made it more sporting and clubbed the hen with my gun.

November 10, 2015 at 8:23 p.m.

clvr83

I should have emailed you to see what the small bird was doing pecking on the branch 10' above me for about an hour while hunting this weekend.

Still surprised I came out clean, I was sure he was trying to work one up.

November 10, 2015 at 12:39 p.m.

Mike H

This is why I love the RCS. I'm always learning something new.

:)

Did you know that it only takes a bird 6' to reach top speed. If you keep bird feeders closer than that to windows, you greatly increase the chance of survival.

My porch cat responds to thumps on the windows like a soldier responds to the bell at the mess tent.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June