User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

bill tries to reign in storm chasing racket?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

natty

From the mouth of the insurance lawyer: "Dallas lawyer Steven Badger was the first to testify, in favor. “Today, hail is all I do,” he explained, meaning he defends insurance companies in lawsuits.

Badger laid out his view in a letter to me a year ago: “Over the last couple years a cottage industry has arisen in Texas comprised of roofers, appraisers, public adjusters, unlicensed public adjusters and various other characters who consider the insurance industry a slot machine that keeps on paying. The situation is totally out of control. Abuse and outright fraud is rampant.”"

http://www.dallasnews.com/investigations/watchdog/20150409-watchdog-texas-insurance-lobbyists-have-a-plan-you-wont-like.ece

April 11, 2015 at 1:48 a.m.

natty

Roofguy Said: Follow the money guys, this is the sound of your freedoms eroding.
That's all well and good, roofguy, but what do you think should happen? We have just about reached the tipping point where insurance rates are just too high.

In my opinion, property owners should just say the hell with this 3rd party adversarial crap and leave the decision between the property owner and the roofer. That means instead of sending all of that money to insurance companies, just set up a maintenance account- then do any work when it really needs to be done. You can still insure against fire and real catastrophes like tornadoes. The way it is now, for what some property owners pay for insurance, I could install a new roof on just 3 years of premiums.

April 10, 2015 at 7:04 p.m.

clvr83

On one hand, I'd be very glad to see this. On the other, I'm worried about how much my market will change when all these companies lose their "slot machine"

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway