User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Best way to get rid of asbestos roofing

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

fender182

I am doing a roof and ran into my first asbestos tearoff. What is the best way to go about this?>>>

August 11, 2009 at 9:57 a.m.

elcid

When bidding a job, its tough to determine if asbestos is present particularly if it is a latent condition. It is absolutely necessary to provide a disclaimer with your proposal that fully explains a changed condition if asbestos should be discovered, and the potential remedies and costs accompanying same. I believe that not only state regulations apply, but also federal mandates. Therefore, best to leave removal to professional contractors who should fully know how to comply with the law.>>>

August 10, 2009 at 6:40 p.m.

Old School

Here in Michigan we have to fill out a sheaf of papers and get a special dumpster. It is all legally done, but I am sure that in 30 years they will come back on us and the homeowners and throw us all in jail. That is the way of the world now.>>>

August 10, 2009 at 1:14 p.m.

Jed

The only requirement for us was a special dumpster. I guess it varies by state judging from Terry's reply. >>>

August 10, 2009 at 12:37 p.m.

Terry D

Determine if it is friable or non-friable asbestos. Even if it is non-friable, respiration protection is a must. Most asbestos roof tiles are non-friable. Contact your local landfill and they will give you instructions on how the load should be handled.

Here in PA, the dump truck bed gets lined with plastic and the load is covered with plastic and tarped for the drive to the landfill. Special paperwork is submitted for the landfill to accept the load. They also have certain times of the day that an asbestos load can be dumped. They will be able to provide all the info and paperwork you need.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders