User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Attachment of panels metal roof

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

The panels are clipped on the sides as shown. Stainless rivets and screws at penetration flashings.

March 5, 2015 at 7:52 a.m.

CIAK

When the weather gets ugly.The peace of mind using S.A.base is worth the price. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 4, 2015 at 9:10 p.m.

robert

That application will last as long you own the house we started doing the self adhesive base with a smooth and granulated cap sheet it one hell of roof. Just finished one on my bank my guys really like working with self adhesive base.

March 4, 2015 at 5:52 p.m.

CIAK

A heat resistant metal Self Adhesive underlayment. Polyglass Q is the product. Yes a smooth membrane would have been more compatible in hind site.. The flat was done a year ago, self adhesive base , torch applied smooth and a 1/2 lap granulated modified torched over the smooth coat. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said: Good planning ahead CIAK, solves that issue. Dont you think a smooth single ply membrane would be more compatible? Maybe you are restricted by whats already on the flat roof to using modified? So what is that blue shaded strip then?

March 3, 2015 at 7:56 a.m.

CIAK

clvr83 Said: Im not sure, but I think all of your images have been named image.jpg, so when you upload a new one it overwrites the old one, changing all photos posted w/ that name. Giving each one a unique name might help out.

Thank you Dave. I'll move them to a new folder and name them. Here's hoping. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 2, 2015 at 8:39 p.m.

clvr83

I'm not sure, but I think all of your images have been named image.jpg, so when you upload a new one it overwrites the old one, changing all photos posted w/ that name. Giving each one a unique name might help out.

March 2, 2015 at 9:09 a.m.

CIAK

Tie-in detail without panel B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 2, 2015 at 8:53 a.m.

CIAK

The repair is a minor problem on this type install.. In the pic the tube paneled leaked in our first rain after install. Drill bit for rivets went through metal,underlayment ,and wood. I was able to get the short panels off and repair without much problem. The panels are snap- locks Flat roof tie in is pre planned. 2 ft flat panel slid up flashing below not crimped. If you look closely the flashing panel is installed. All panels over smooth coat underlayments to prevent abrasive modified granules rubbing galvalume coating during expansion and contraction cycles, rusting bottom of panel. I will try to post a pic of that detail. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 2, 2015 at 8:30 a.m.

Old School

On a gable roof like that, the panels will go on rather quickly. When you come to the skylights and stack pipes it takes a bit more time, but when you come to a hip or a valley the process almost "stops". Standing seam metal roofing is a process for sure. I also wondered like VA did about the flat roofs below. It looks like within a short time you will have to be redoing them. Did you tuck a membrane or a flashing beneath the panels at the bottom to allow for that? In reference to taking the panels apart, it can be done if they are a snap lock; albeit it is a pain in the ass, but if it is mechanically seamed you are in for a major hassle.

I have installed the Metro stone coated shingles and on them you "zip" screw the fronts down instead of locking them to the panel below and that makes it easier to take them apart. On something like you are doing there, the Metros would make it easy to install and easy to take apart if need be. Supposedly they can go down to a 2/ 12 pitch too, with a 150 mph rating for wind. I think that would meet Miami Dade. Just a thought, though you are certainly "committed" to the standing seam now.

March 1, 2015 at 8:21 p.m.

CIAK

It is " The Humble Abode" . Pretty much standard application for this type of panel. I did my best on the underlayment knowing Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day that water proof solid high quality underlayments are the key to longevity and top performance with this type of roof pitch. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn near Every Day

March 1, 2015 at 6:44 p.m.

Old School

Is that your house? That is pretty standard up here at least. I looked at the pictures of your house and they did a nice job.

March 1, 2015 at 2:24 p.m.

CIAK

Wow it is a major frustration uploading pics.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CC-Season5-UnlockingEfficiency-July11-Banner-Watch
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest