User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

ALL NEW FORUM NEXT WEEK

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

Well the time has come to move into a new Forum. This old one has been mercifully working with no software company to back it up. Everything this runs on has been discontinued years ago.

This took so long because no one wanted to tackle importing all the old topics. I had one company that wanted $2500 just to quote the project! I have every reason to believe that all your user names and passwords will be transferred and we will be good to go. Instead of trying to back up and then moving on to the live site and all that back and forth I have told the computer guys that we can pull the Forum down for a day so we don't lose recent comments. I will give you all a day's warning. NOTHING WILL BE LOST! Everything has been backed up.

The new Forum is the same format that a lot of the other forums have been using for the past few years so I hope it will be familiar to you.

We now will be able to look at the Forum on all our devices and it will have a few new features you will like. I feel good about the fact that people will be able to create and account easier than before and that it will be mobile friendly. I haven't used it yet but I told them that you needed to be able to upload photos - easily!

My greatest wish of all is that it will start to build again. I would love there to be so many posts that I have to hire another CoffeeShop Frank just to read them all.

If you still talk to any of the old guys tell them to stop by!

Thanks for all your support over the years - Fingers Crossed that you like the new one!

September 26, 2017 at 5:42 a.m.

MyRoofTech

test

September 5, 2017 at 8:34 a.m.

vickie

Hey Gerry:  Thanks for letting us know.  We will get this blocked somehow so you will still have friends left after posting!  :)

September 3, 2017 at 4:40 p.m.

seen-it-all

Question: why does my full name appear instead of my screen name? Tried tinkering with my account settings but no change.

Question: if I Google search my name, Google shows my account name, screen name and other information linked to Roofers Coffee Shop log in.

Question: Google also shows posts attributed to my actual name on the forum. Could lead to difficult situations when one as shared antidotal situations in different forum topics over the past years regarding PIA customers and past employees.

Feels like Big Brother is now watching me.

September 3, 2017 at 8:11 a.m.

seen-it-all

Testing

September 3, 2017 at 8:08 a.m.

seen-it-all

Test again

September 2, 2017 at 5:57 a.m.

wywoody

Seems to work well enough.  Same people on but with their real names, same smell of scorched coffee......wait that's my office smell.

September 1, 2017 at 9:13 p.m.

seen-it-all

Testing 123

August 9, 2017 at 11:14 a.m.

vickie

Still working on it (sigh).

August 1, 2017 at 1:43 a.m.

seen-it-all

I like the overall layout and the font is kind of catchy. Will take awhile to get used to it I guess. Kind of tricky to log on and register for the first time though with the long security code that was sent by email. I think it is a good idea with the credit card registered to pay the monthly membership fee to keep all the riffraff from posting here. How long are the posts going to be on both forums for? ;)

July 31, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.

Old School

Vicky, Which week are we talking here?

July 22, 2017 at 8:28 a.m.

Old School

The only constant is change, but I hate change until I get used to it. WE will be there.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio