User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
USG - Sidebar - Fire
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Aging parents and driving

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I am fortunate in that I have 13 brothers and sisters to spread the time around. I think that 4 were there at the hospital before I got there and another got there just after I did. We will manage, and it is going to be a group decision. I am sure his license will be revoked now too. If he wants to drive though, I am sure he will do it. My mom won't let him drive her car though and he wrecked his car. We will see!

October 12, 2009 at 7:22 p.m.

copperman

I'm going through the same thing now with my mother. She is showing more advanced signs of dementia. A few weeks ago she was at a friends home for lunch, left around 4:00pm I got a call from state police at 2:30 am (10 hours latter) that they stopped her as she tried to enter a divided highway going the wrong direction. The cops made it easy for me, they revoked her license. Now I have to take her everywhere :( . We are trying to get her in assisted living. The doctors said she should not be alone. She will have to be until I can find her a place she can afford and has room for her. I have no room at my house as I still have 3 kids at home AND A WIFE I would like to keep.My mom is 70.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar