Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

additional business opportunities?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Stephen1

I am wondering how many of you are into other business ventures other than roofing? for example- are you roofing to support a farming habit- or are you active real estate investors in addition to roofing contractors etc?

as for myself-- Retiremnt-wise I have been a diligent stock investor of the"buy and hold" school for years and years-and a great portion of my hard won earnings from roofing went into my kids education. now that my educational obligations are about over I am casting about for other areas to explore-frankly 20 years ago I figured I would be LOOOOONG gone out of roofing by now and well into real estate

so-anybody else into anything interestingly lucrative/ stephen

May 18, 2010 at 7:29 a.m.

WildBill

I started a metal roof manufacturing business about 9 years ago and it has done pretty well for a second business.

www.metro-metals.com

May 17, 2010 at 9:56 p.m.

GSD

I own a roofing service company, a construction company, G-Tape Inc. and I own a MMA gym/training facility.

with all of those, I almost make a living.

May 17, 2010 at 2:39 p.m.

jimAKAblue

We opened the frozen custard site. I'm not an active owner and occasionally I fill in when the labor shortage kicks in.

Here's some reviews on Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Likkitys+Frozen+Custard&ns=1&find_loc=Austin,+TX

The website is likkitys dot com.

May 17, 2010 at 12:04 p.m.

wywoody

The real estate that my house is on could be divided up into lots and sold. In today's market, doing it would net about 800k. If lot prices ever return to what they were 2 years ago, I'd easily net double that.

May 17, 2010 at 11:04 a.m.

jcagle9595

There is lots of distressed real estate for sale due to the mortgage ponzi crash.

Kinda hard to find good tenants for rentals though. I've been making offers on properties for a couple of years and only picked up one at the "right price".

The wrench in the gear around here is that potential owner-occupiers are bidding the properties up past the point that makes sense for an investment, after considering repairs necessary.

I'm considering buying (or building) a well-located liquor store. People are always gonna buy booze whether they're mad, glad, or sad. And you aren't driving to their location on your own dime to give them a price on it either :laugh:

May 17, 2010 at 9:30 a.m.

JET

We've been looking at several opportunities here in the Orlando area. With the new arena about to open the downtown area is really starting to explode and there are lots of empty buildings available now.

JET

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway