User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

A solution to the hail racket...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

natty

This is a letter to the editor I wrote in response to a raise in insurance rates for Texas property owners.

From July 8, 2015 http://letterstotheeditorblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/page/8/

The solution is to give back control of a homeowner's premiums to the homeowner and the decision of whether or not to replace a roof put into the hands of the homeowner and trusted roofer.

April 11, 2024 at 2:07 a.m.

Alex352

Hey. I'm excited to recommend this licensed wholesale cannabis clones provider in California. Their expertise in genetics and cloning techniques is truly impressive. Every clone I've received has been healthy, well-established, and prepared for successful cultivation. Their customer service is top-notch, ensuring a smooth and reliable experience consistently.

March 19, 2024 at 8:41 p.m.

joannaylor

This is a letter to the editor I wrote in response to a raise in insurance rates for Texas property owners.

From July 8, 2015 http://letterstotheeditorblog.dallasnews.com/2015/07/page/8/strands

The solution is to give back control of a homeowner's premiums to the homeowner and the decision of whether or not to replace a roof put into the hands of the homeowner and trusted roofer.

-natty

In essence, restoring control to homeowners not only promotes transparency and accountability but also fosters a sense of ownership and responsibility in managing one's property. It is time for insurance policies to reflect the needs and interests of those they are meant to serve.

June 19, 2016 at 5:53 p.m.

natty

Replacing perfectly good roofs

Letters to the Editor: Email comments@dallasnews.com

Published: July 8, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: "Home insurance up 7-8%” Critics say increase is unjustified; firms cite roof, suit costs,Saturday news story.

I am a contracting roofer with more than 40 years experience and I want to shout from the rooftops: The system is broken. Insurance companies cannot make up their minds whether they are in the business of maintaining roofs or paying for catastrophic losses. They really don't care because all they have to do is raise rates.

For what most homeowners pay in premiums, I could install a new roof for them every three or four years. Most hail in North Texas is not catastrophic. In fact, most roofs that are totaled after a hailstorm, if nothing was done, would still last their entire life expectancy. I have witnessed way too many perfectly good roofs torn off and hauled to the landfill.

Of course, the result is the hail racket of storm-chasing opportunistic paper contractors, insurance adjusters, public adjusters, subcontractors with cheap labor, lawyers and the big daddy insurance companies all in collusion to rip off the homeowner. The insurance companies response to limit claims is to raise deductibles. (Sheesh, whose money is it?)

The decision to install a new roof should be between the homeowner and a trusted roofer. Not third-party profiteers.

Ed Senter, Dallas

June 1, 2016 at 8:03 p.m.

Old School

Kind of hard to read the letter as it doesn't come up.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Restoration Guide
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023