User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

A job we started a few weeks ago.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

The old siding was rotten and the trim was installed wrong. We have to install new cement board siding and shingles.

http://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/Untitled?authkey=Gv1sRgCPW10aTtkPDiWA#5427506225188324354

More pictures as we get farther on the job.

old school, click the edit button to view the image and url code

February 24, 2010 at 7:15 a.m.

Old School

I finally got to where I can post the pictures, but I forgot how to label them. I did it, but the descriptions are on the website and not here. I will get this yet.

February 23, 2010 at 6:59 p.m.

Old School

We worked a couple more days on this one. Don't you just love winter work?

http://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/ParkviewHillsRemodel?authkey=Gv1sRgCPbtl4ydntPQEQ#

February 11, 2010 at 9:12 p.m.

Old School

A lot of those large companies do that. Common sense things that you shouold know already, but you watch a video and listen to their safety people say it again and then you have to sign a form and acknowledge that you understand. I believe some of it is good and some of it is cya for the companies. I don't want anyone hurt, so we will take the whole crew and then go and have coffee and a safety meeting.

February 11, 2010 at 5:52 p.m.

wywoody

Is that safety training how to avoid sunburn from light bulbs?

February 11, 2010 at 1:08 p.m.

Old School

Tried to go there today and checked it out. One inch of ice on everything and hard packed snow on top of that. I shoveled a bit along the bottom and left. If it gets above freezing if may clear a bit. We will try next week.

We do have to go and get some safety training next week for a job we have to do inside in about a month. A metal standing seam roof over a new bathroom inside a building. Just make it look pretty. Kind of like working on a facade inside a mall I guess. We will see.

February 10, 2010 at 7:05 a.m.

Old School

When it is really hot is the best time to be working in the shade. Murphy's law says then when it is cold you will be working in the shade and vise versa. That seems to be the way of the trades.

February 9, 2010 at 12:09 p.m.

Old School

Shoot, we had a few days when we could have worked at midday without too much trouble, but it was always about single digits in the morning and that makes it hard to get anything going. Lots of ice on the roof too. It is snowing like crazy today and is supposed to all the rest of the day and part of tomorrow. We want to get back working, but I hate to waste time and money too. Winter work is certainly trying on a person; dangereous at times too. It is the 9th of Fedruary though and the winter is just about ready to break up here. Another couple of weeks and the average temprature will be above freezing for the day. It does get cold and snowy, but normally it will melt quickly and you can keep going.

January 29, 2010 at 7:27 a.m.

Old School

Snow and cold next week too. We will wait it out!

January 28, 2010 at 9:07 p.m.

Old School

You mean as far as the work we are doing or the fact that it is just too cold to work on it?

January 28, 2010 at 6:25 p.m.

tinner666

I don't think I saw anything I'd do different. We must think along the same lines.

January 28, 2010 at 2:26 p.m.

Jed

mid 60's...chilly for us too :laugh:

January 28, 2010 at 12:37 p.m.

Old School

Too damn cold to work this week up here. Brrr.

January 27, 2010 at 3:54 p.m.
January 21, 2010 at 6:28 a.m.

Old School

If you look, the lines are for 16" centers and for 24" centers going both directions. It is convienent when you lay everything out. It would be a bitch to switch to metric with all of the old houdes. You would have to cut the ends ov erything to make it fit. Wow!

January 20, 2010 at 9:25 p.m.

Old School

We worked our way down from the peak because of the skylights. We could only do one side at a time and it worked for us that way. The OSB worked out that way because of the skylight. We also had to build the vented soffit at the bottom and we added the rafters and OSB there. It works either way. We always wear hardhats. Going up and down like we have to it is a good habit to get into. Always wear some kind of hat anyway!

Taking more pics this week and will be posting them on the weekend!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest