User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

A "HOW WOULD YOU FEEL" question...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Robby the Roofer

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL.....as a small company trying to earn or keep your rep. if you collected payment and 5 days later, customer calls to you and says the roof is leaking (I KNOW, I KNOW...it would never happen to you because you are good at what you do! But suppose it happend?)

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL.....As a large co. Knowing you are paying someone to put the roof on for you (wether sub-contract or employees) ?

June 1, 2010 at 5:57 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

When it is time for ME to jump out of my tuxido siut...My wife gets the case of the arse! She says..."you don't own the company, why does it always have to be you?"

Its a sence of pride with me, I care when very few do. I look outside the box as well, Its not the customers fault thay have a problem with the roof, and as a customer, I would feel that I was let down...and really disapointed if no one came out to see what"s going on with my roof.

June 1, 2010 at 4:01 p.m.

jimAKAblue

Robby the Roofer Said: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL.....as a small company trying to earn or keep your rep. if you collected payment and 5 days later, customer calls to you and says the roof is leaking (I KNOW, I KNOW...it would never happen to you because you are good at what you do! But suppose it happend?)

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL.....As a large co. Knowing you are paying someone to put the roof on for you (wether sub-contract or employees) ?

I'd feel the same whether I was a large company or small company. I'd feel like I let that customer down and I'd immediately respond to make things right.

Everyone makes mistakes and there will be service calls. It's part of the business. How we respond to the calls determines who we are as a company. I myself would jump out of my Tuxedo and go stop a leak, if I didn't have anyone to do it for me.

June 1, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

"lanny" it is a nice thing to go out and find it is not your fault. I always feel a vidicated when that happens to me...I took pride in my inspection process to negate coming back for later problems. But as an QC Manager I always found legitimate stuff to send my guys to fix before I collected, then re-inspected to make sure it was corrected.

June 1, 2010 at 12:08 p.m.

wywoody

I would feel more angst if the call came 5 days after completion on a job where I HADN'T collected payment.

May 31, 2010 at 6:59 p.m.

CIAK

Being in this business longer than I care to admit I have had the experience in both line items , “ Customer service , Customer service , Customer service . “ How I feel about it is not the question. How the customer feels is the right question. The right answer is customer service for both

May 31, 2010 at 5:36 p.m.

TomB

Ditto.... I would FEEL angst....

May 31, 2010 at 4:59 p.m.

thebaycompany

I would have a repair technician within an hour..... no ifs, ands, or butts. service first..........

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements