English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

A death in the Roofing family

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

TomHay

It is with great sorrow I am Posting the Passing of Gene Whiting Senior last Friday.

Many of the old time posters will remember Gene as an old poster, one of the Pioneers in succesful Foam roofing aplications.

Gene started in Stuart Florida with his two son's Gene Jr and Glen. In a semi retirement move Gene and Glen moved to Tennesee, Gene Jr still runs (owns) the Stuart branch where Glen has the like company in Tennesee.

Gene was like a father, brother friend to me. We fought many of the old Metro/Dade battles together, never lost.

Age comes on quick my friends. To Honor Gene as an early on poster he tried to post in here on pros and cons of SPF Roofing. He felt like he was hitting his head against a tree so he emailed me with this link and wrote "Go kick some SPF Butt"

Hope I did you proud Gene, RIP

April 21, 2016 at 3:25 p.m.

Mike H

Sorry to hear Tom. Time sure isn't waiting around for us, is it? Here we are, with all intent and talent to take the world by the horns, yet it just keeps spinning round and round, day after day, year after year..... I turned 50 last fall, and it seems like just yesterday I was the young buck at the RCS. ( Maybe I still am LOL )

Friends seem to be dying a little quicker than I ever hoped for at 50. Good thing I was never much for peer pressure. :)

Hang on to those memories, and don't be in any big hurry to go re-write roof spec's in the next life.

April 19, 2016 at 5:01 p.m.

Old School

Time flies Tom, I have been on here for almost 10 years I think, and i don't remember him. Maybe it was just before I started to read the posts.

April 19, 2016 at 4:32 p.m.

Dr.ROOF

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Tom.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Baner Ad - Safety First: Tremco
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad