User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

5 v metal

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

colletti

what is the best way to cut 5 v metal roofing ?i have r.angle snips left angle,electric sheers is it just supposed to be hard to cut>>>

September 10, 2009 at 3:50 p.m.

JWilliams

Roof Doctor, I'm in the panhandle. Panama City to be exact.>>>

September 8, 2009 at 8:42 p.m.

colletti

Roof Doctors USA Said: What do you mean by hard to cut? Are you referring to the gage of the metal or the fact that your cutting metal verses shingles?

5-V around here generally comes in 24 gage metal. I know some guys will use 26 gage. Ive even heard of some contractors in other parts of the country using 29 gage. The thicker metal requires a little more effort.

colletti Said: what is the best way to cut 5 v metal roofing ?i have r.angle snips left angle,electric sheers is it just supposed to be hard to cut[/quo

it is 24 gage metal and it was my first job and i just could nt help but think there was an easier way ...the electric shears i have wont go over th v so we cut every thing with snips and i now have some strong forearmss....thanks for the web site with the shears i ordered a pair...>>>

September 8, 2009 at 8:32 a.m.

wywoody

I use 6v 'open' tile valley. They require plenty of forearm strength. My best tool is a can of spinach right before cutting.>>>

September 8, 2009 at 5:26 a.m.

Roof Doctors USA

Robert - I've got a pair of them as well. They are a great tool. However, for 5-V, they are not great, IMO, because they are difficult to maneuver over the double ribs, not to mention they are not cordless like turbo shears. Another disadvantage is all the half-moon shavings that you have to clean up.>>>

September 7, 2009 at 10:44 p.m.

robert

Thats what we use best nibbler on the market as far as im concerned been using them for years.>>>

September 7, 2009 at 10:42 p.m.

robert

http://www.fein.de/corp/us/en/fein/products/nibbler/nibbler.php>>>

September 7, 2009 at 10:01 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

JWilliams - What part of Fla. are you in? >>>

September 7, 2009 at 9:05 p.m.

JWilliams

in my parts of florida i think they usually only use 26 gauge. atleast when i was running the shop thats the only thing the boss had me order.>>>

September 7, 2009 at 8:57 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

What do you mean by "hard to cut"? Are you referring to the gage of the metal or the fact that your cutting metal verses shingles?

5-V around here generally comes in 24 gage metal. I know some guys will use 26 gage. I've even heard of some contractors in other parts of the country using 29 gage. The thicker metal requires a little more effort.

>>>

September 7, 2009 at 8:45 p.m.

JWilliams

very carefully>>>

September 7, 2009 at 8:29 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad