User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

40 yeqrs ago

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

40 years ago this classy lady gave up a life of relative luxury to become the wife of a roofer.

The fact that all the roofer had to his name was a $25 ladder and a truck not-worth-the-payoff makes this the biggest roofing fraud sales job of my career.

August 14, 2015 at 7:57 a.m.

CIAK

It was 40 yrs ago for The very lovely Mrs. CIAK and I. At the time I had a harem hanging on to me. The very lovely Mrs. CIAK started moving in and eliminating them one at a time. Gets down to the last one and she Ask me the Question, what do you want out of life??? Glad I made the right decision. Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day :)

August 10, 2015 at 9:47 p.m.

Lefty1

Congratulations Woody

My wife had no idea what she was getting into. We dated for about 2 months when we moved in together. I was 17 she was 15. We have been together ever since that was 43 years ago. First 18 years she put up with alot of shit.

I started in business with my tool belt and the hand tools that it held. Had to borrow both a ladder and truck. That was 35 years ago. A lot has changed in both areas of my life.

Could not have weathered either area of my life without my wife.

August 10, 2015 at 8:01 a.m.

wywoody

Great line, Roofdude.

My $25 dollar ladder required it be set in the truck bed to reach the eave of a tall one story. My truck broke down in Grand Junction CO when I was moving to Denver. By the time it was repaired a week later, I had bought a new ladder and the old one looked so pathetic I left it there. The servicer manager admitted that since it was there, they were using it constantly. (There's an OSHA violation).

My wife gets 6 weeks vacation a year and I struggle to find time for even a week off, so she frequently takes a week to visit our daughter or her Mother.

The first day or 2, I revel in the freedom, by the third or fourth day, I realize what a mess I would be without her. She provides me with the structure and order I lack. I constantly strive to prove I deserve her.

August 10, 2015 at 7:18 a.m.

RoofDude

"Behind every successful man, there's a good woman"

We've all heard the expression. It's been around a long time. Seeing is believing. Met mine 22yrs ago. Went to buy general liability insurance... ended up with a whole life guarantee B)

August 10, 2015 at 1:06 a.m.

egg

Mine was a flimsy sixteen-foot extension ladder from Montgomery Ward that must have also cost something in the $25 dollar range and I strapped it onto the rack of my station wagon. The first truck I bought about a year later came without a back window. Let me tell you...she's still not sure she made the right decision.

Made my day, Woody. :lol:

August 9, 2015 at 4:31 p.m.

seen-it-all

Was 34 years in May.

I had an $80.00 ladder. I always kid my wife that she married me for my money. This gives it a whole new meaning when I see wywoody only had a $25.00 ladder.

August 7, 2015 at 6:14 p.m.

Chuck2

26 years here. I've got a $50 ladder now so everything is all good! :laugh:

August 6, 2015 at 11:46 p.m.

tinner666

24 years for us, June-28th.

August 6, 2015 at 7:13 p.m.

Old School

It has been 35 for us, and it is hard to believe. there is no one I would rather grow old with . Congratulations. well done.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WSCRA - Banner - RCS Ticket Giveaway
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising