Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

4 months worth of work for us. Finally done

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I posted some pictures of this before, but here is the final album with explainations of what I was thinking as I did it. A lot of pictures for sure, but a lot of work too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/crookston.john4/Untitled?authkey=Gv1sRgCPW10aTtkPDiWA#5463850719461487186

May 7, 2010 at 8:38 a.m.

Old School

Thanks Kage, It was fun to do, and much more than a new roof or siding. Tear apart and fix over and over again. I will take a few pictures of the final project painted too. The painters have been on it for about 2 weeks and I guess they are about done now. Should be interesting.

We have another one I posted about that we worked on 2-3 weeks ago. We have to finish the copper work and redo the railing. I will post a few pics of that too. We installed some new copper downspouts and the owner has to trim and finish the paint. Should be neat when I can post them too.

May 6, 2010 at 11:52 p.m.

kage

Man OS thats a make over...Looks Damn GOOD.

April 27, 2010 at 8:42 p.m.

Old School

Thanks Patty. It was a lot of work and fun!

April 25, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.

Old School

Vaa, all S.A. modified. We do a lot of building, but mostly in conjhunction with some type of roofing work or exterior renovation. They have had many different people working on that house over theyears and all ov them did it wrong. The owner is a big comercial builder himself, and he had had some of his people trying to fix it at times and he needed someone that knew more than just roofing or just building or just insulation. He needed us! It was a good job to work on. The painters are working on it now and it will take them about a week to finish caulk everything and prep it. It is pre-primed siding and will hold paint very well. The final color is going to be about 2 shades darker than the primed surface, and the trim is going to be just a slight bit darker than the stark white of the Azak.

I will take one or two more pictures of it when they are done. Every time we opened another section up on that house we discovered another problem or leak. Time and materials is the only fair way to do something like that. I expect more work from that complex in the near future, because everyone was watching closely as we worked. There are a bunch of different condos and single family homes in the neighborhood!

April 25, 2010 at 7:31 a.m.

copperman

Nice Job! I like the improvements to function you made. I'd hate to see the bill.

copperman

Nice Job! I like the improvements to function you made. I'd hate to see the bill.

copperman

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS Trends 2024 - Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad