Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Wire Mesh Layer Under Shingles

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

FloridaMingo21

Question for the Northeasterners out here - I recently have seen 2 roofs with a woven wire mesh type of material UNDER the shingles ( looks something like this stuff https://www.bwire.com/) .  I have yet to come across this in any of my work - it is not for snow melting as it looks to be some type of steel or stainless steel material.  Any ideas?  Pest control perhaps?

May 3, 2024 at 12:35 a.m.

villagetunic

Roof structures can be reinforced with woven wire mesh. Those places that are often hit hard by strong winds or other extreme weather can benefit greatly from its added stability and strength. Mesh strengthens the roof, making it less susceptible to damage-inducing forces like lifting or displacing the structure.

July 6, 2023 at 2:55 p.m.

fremmsia

Reinforcement: Woven wire mesh can be used as roof structure reinforcement. It provides additional strength and stability, especially in areas prone to high winds or severe weather conditions. The addition of mesh makes the roof more resistant to forces that could potentially cause damage, such as lifting or shifting the structure. This reinforcement will help prevent your roof from collapsing during storms and extend its life. Well to take my mind off all this fuss for a while, I'm off to the virtual world, and what's more I found wild tornado no deposit bonus and now I can play without my money, that's great at all. Pest control: Woven wire mesh can also serve as a deterrent for birds and other animals. Installing netting on the roof creates a physical barrier that prevents birds from nesting, making nests, or entering certain areas. This can be especially useful in situations where birds cause problems such as noise, droppings or damage to roofing materials. The netting acts as a humane method of pest control, protecting the roof and preventing potential damage caused by birds or other pests.

July 3, 2023 at 3:57 a.m.

ralphrobinson

Hi,

I think one possibility is that the woven wire mesh is being used as a form of reinforcement for the roof. In some cases, this type of mesh can be used to provide additional strength and stability to the roof structure in particularly in areas that are prone to high winds or other weather-related damage.

Another possibility is that the woven wire mesh is being used as a form of pest control. In some cases, this type of material can be used to prevent birds or other animals from nesting or roosting on the roof, which can cause damage to the shingles or other roofing materials.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest