Send Us Your Best Roof Hugger Project Profile and We will Buy You a $50 Steak and Lobster Dinner in Your Town.
Not a Roof Hugger Contractor? Sign Up to Learn More about Becoming One.
Benefits of Metal-over-Metal Re-roofing
- No more roof leaks
- No business interruption
- Significant time and money savings
- 60-Plus year new roof service life, lowest lifetime cost
- Allows easy upgrade from screw-down roof to standing seam roof
- Increased building value
- Increased energy efficiency and reduced power consumption
- Comply with current and stringent building codes
- Labor savings, fast project completion
- Perfect platform for adding renewable solar energy system
Roof Hugger Retrofit Sub-Purlins are zee-shaped structural members that are typically 10 to 12 feet in length. They are made from minimum 16-gauge, high strength, galvanized steel and specifically notched to fit over the ribs of the existing metal roof panels. This factory notching provides a correct “structure to structure” connection with the least possible increase in assembly height.
In addition, our systems may add strength to the existing roof system thus assisting in offsetting the added weight of the new Metal-over-Metal roof components. Roof Hugger sub-purlins can be fabricated for almost any existing metal roof panel profile including screw-down and standing seams and up to 8-inches tall to accommodate for added insulation between the old and new roofs.