MRCA Foundation is Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
The Midwest Roofing Contractors Association® Foundation is accepting scholarship applications through June 8, 2018.
The MRCA Foundation is a non-profit organization established by the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA). One purpose of the Foundation is to provide financial assistance to MRCA member company employees and their families pursuing higher education at an accredited university or trade school.
Candidates must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a trade school, college, or university, or a high school senior provisionally accepted at an educational institution and expressing intent to pursue a degree or certified trade program with at least a 3.0 GPA or B Average Equivalent.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of academic performance, employment experience, financial need, letters of recommendation, and a demonstrated desire to pursue higher education. All applicants will be notified in writing by the Directors and the award will be mailed to the specified school.
Candidates must submit the following:
- A fully-completed application.
- Proof of being associated with an active MRCA member company.
- A written statement from the educational institution where the trade-related, undergraduate or graduate work will be undertaken, indicating provisional acceptance of the student at the institution.
- Official transcripts from current high school or college showing at least a 3.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation, submitted by persons at least 18 years of age who are not related to the candidate. Only one letter of recommendation may come from a Director of MRCA, however, none may come from a Director of the MRCA Foundation.
- A typed essay of no more than one page, explaining why the applicant is interested in pursuing a degree in the construction industry or related field and any steps that have been taken to pursue this goal including relevant honors, activities, or employment.
The application can also be found in the Foundation section of the MRCA website. It contains more information about the scholarship program and instructions on how to complete and submit it.
this is a test.