Northeast Technical Sales Assistant
Metal-Era is looking for an entry level outside technical assistant that is proactive, self confident, dynamic and willing to learn the position. The candidate will be responsible for onsite technical measurement of roof details and associated print approval process and project take-off activities for projects bidding. Along with a competitive salary, benefits, and monthly car and phone allowance, this position offers the opportunity to grow into technical sales, including takeoff, contractor training, and technical support for our growing contractor and representative base. The ideal candidate will have easy access to Upstate New York, North and Central Pennsylvania, and the New England Area. Travel to other locations may be needed as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of Sheet Metal/Roofing.
- Able to read blue prints/construction documents.
- Proficient in MS Office including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Excellent Verbal and written skills.
- Must be a quick learner, detail oriented and possess a strong work ethic.
- In-Home Office or the ability to have an in-home office.
- Be able to lift 100lbs
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Position requires travel on a daily basis but home every night, reliable transportation and clean driving record is a must.
- Excellent communication skills combined with a positive customer service attitude.
- Willingness to learn
- Work well with others, focused on attaining our departmental & company wide goals.
- Desires to continually improve at everything you do.
- Strong self confidence with good negotiating and selling skills.
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Foster harmony amongst peers and clientele with Trust and Respect
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Contact Eric Godfrey at email@example.com for more information and to apply.
To reply to this listing, contact Eric Godfrey by clicking "Request More Information" and filling out the form below.