This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  GreenFrog 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
« Back To Roofers Talk
  • Author

Tropical Roofer
    Participant

Anybody familiar with it? It claims 80% cured in 3-seconds.

Old School
    Participant

Is it Urethane?

Vaa Fakaosifolau
    Participant

No it’s water based, one or two componant, depending on drying time you want.
    There is a Neptune co. here in NZ, but it looks pretty newly set up, all their case studies are from the USA.
    In the same league as KoldKing, any colour you want as long as it’s black.
    Probably costs $100k to buy the rig, then you are at the mercy of the supplier of the material from then on.
    I’m doing a concrete roof right now, would be ideal for something like that or KoldKing, or Polyurea, trouble is it’s only 15 squares (150m2)and it is the only concrete roof that big I have had for several years.
    I’m doing it the old school way, with bitumen rubber and chopped fibreglass matt.

TomHay
    Participant

Tropical Roofer Said: Anybody familiar with it? It claims 80% cured in 3-seconds.
    [/quote]

There is a BIG difference from cure and dry to the touch.

Your average 100% solids Polyurea will dry to the touch in secounds with a cure time of 72 Hours. A big difference being after spray moisture (even in the air) will help the cure of Polyurea but take away the properties of an acrylic.

Colpaw
    Participant

We’ve experienced a big time failure of this product installed in the Mid Atlantic region.

I’d be happy to discuss.

Vaa Fakaosifolau
    Participant

Is it because the product is no good? or applicators are putting it on unsuitable substrates/existing surfaces.In my observations these types of products are prone to be used by the flybynighters (jacklegs) to make a quick buck.
    In many cases the product is great, just used in the wrong situations.

Old School
    Participant

Cleanliness is right up there with Godliness on the coatings. With the Conklin system we clean the roof three times before any coatings go down, and if it has been a week or so, we do it again Nothing sticks well to a dirty surface. There are no shortcuts!

GreenFrog
    Participant

We have used this product, is expensive, but providing the product is fresh is good.

Understand there are major issues with the supplier however. The guys in New Zealand are the distributors for NZ and Australia are very knowledgeable and are very strict on QA. They have however had major issues with supplier through their poor quality control of product ( have not used this poor quality product) delays, and lack of support.

Have just seen the other posts and happy to discuss, as we have used this product on many projects.

GreenFrog
    Participant

Colpaw, would like to know your experience with Wetsuit.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.