Français

User Access

Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

So who is doing Solar?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

I go back to my old feelings that we missed the boat on taking the lead on this.  We have a long time roofing contractor in California that is all over our TV's pushing roofing and solar.  It seems to be so successful that the solar companies are now saying they are roofing contractors also.

I also wonder about our new friend Tesla with their offering, do they know what they are doing?

A good customer asked me to post "Could you ask about contractors feelings on solar and installing solar panels etc. The pros and cons and there overall experience with the installs?"

Any feedback?

October 22, 2017 at 2:48 p.m.

Mike H

It's a tough sell here but catching some holds. We don't install ourselves. Neighbour just did. Said it was a 23 year payback if projections held. In Ohio I think it's a thing you do for social reasons more than financial.  But we are ready to install 670 stands for a solar system being installed on a ndrew roof  we are doing now.

October 20, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.

thesuarez954

Well Solar City is doing solar pretty good over here

September 17, 2017 at 5:54 a.m.

clvr83

I made several blog posts regarding the solar industry a few years ago but didn't get a lick of feedback. It's just now starting to gain some steam around here.

Of course, I always suggest ground mounts where possible. We are getting ready to do a 40sq residential EPDM roof where we will be installing a couple dozen mounts for panels to be installed. Looking forward to the result.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

USG - Banner - Fire
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Redefining Solar Distribution
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest