Español
Français

User Access

Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Question of the month

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

dutchboy6804

Why is lead installed at interior drains on flat roofs?

July 7, 2010 at 5:01 p.m.

CIAK

Al Gores Fat Arse would be a great replacement. B) ;) ;) B)

July 7, 2010 at 2:37 p.m.

Colpaw

We are a small outfit in Northern Virginia that installs mostly low slope asphalt systems. I've always wondered what the "green" folks would say about all the run off from large roof systems that passes over the lead in asphalt roof systems! I would love to come up with a replacement for lead flashing in drains that would "save the world!"

June 14, 2010 at 2:43 p.m.

jimAKAblue

can we get a new question of the month? Its June now.

June 7, 2010 at 8:16 a.m.

Jed

GKRFG Said: Lead is the only metal that will easily and inexpensively conform to the shape of the drain sump.

It also provides a substrate to fit over the HEAVY BEAD OF ROOF CEMENT that should be applied before the installation.(about the most common reason a drain fails is this not being done) I ain't gonna ask because I feel sure that the fact that is has'nt yet been mentioned means everybody just does it.

June 1, 2010 at 12:27 a.m.

Alba

Drain is a very critical point of the roof.No matter how good the roofer the felt always ends up being sliced to fit the slump.Putting a sheet of lead ensures that water won't penetrate through the slices. Another question to ponder.If and when this recession ends do you guys think that there will be a bigger shortage of experienced roofers than before the recession?I've met some laid off roofers who now have either found other trades or feel too out of shape to get back on the roofs.

May 23, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.

The FNRUFR

I asked this same question a few years back. It's for BUR type roofing systems its a flashing of sorts to transition threw the sump to drain "target" forming a compression fit when drain ring is properly install.

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad