User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Presidential Shake

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Andrewdelsun

We manage quite a few contractors that have been submitting pay apps for presidential shake ranging from 5% to 18% waste for roofs that are almost identical.  I was wondering what everybody else was seeing with their waste factors when installing presidential shingles.

June 20, 2023 at 12:10 a.m.

timothyferriss

The complexity of the roof design, the contractor's level of expertise, the effectiveness of material utilization and the overall project management are some of the variables that commonly affect waste in roofing projects. The amount of waste might differ dramatically between projects.

January 27, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.

TomB

Seems to be the norm following a storm.....Lot's of good shingles in the landfill & bundles stacked in driveways.....

January 27, 2018 at 7:18 a.m.

clvr83

We just did a 45sq multi-hip house with Presidentials. Unfortunately I just went off the insurance's eagleview so I can't comment on our exact waste usage. I have 6sq sitting at my shop now :(

We used open metal valleys which you should consider when figuring waste. We generally come out less than what the job figures with waste on an architectural shingle, I think we are rather efficient.

January 27, 2018 at 6:37 a.m.

TomB

"Waste" is a definitive/calculative endeavor....On the other hand, "waste" can also refer to inefficiency, carelessness, lack of knowledge/ability....The later of which is the varying aspect. What I have noticed in the residential/non-state contractor licensing, "subcontracting" labor arena - The waste is incredibly rampant.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Banner Register
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Leap - Sidebar - CTS + EV Giveaway - May 24
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos