English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

PVDF Coatings

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

rachael.greene@hullgroupinc.com

Hi there,

My name is Rachael. I work for an independent sales and technical representative, servicing all stakeholders in residential and commercial roofing services. I work primarily with silicone and acrylic coatings... however, I am curious about PVDF coatings.

What's the demand for this sort of product nowadays? Do you see people usually using Krylon PVDF products or does it just depend? Are the application requirements a lot different than silicone and acrylic coatings?

I'm full of questions! I think the technological benefits are great with this coating--I'd like to hear from anyone who has worked with it!

Thanks,

Rachael

April 8, 2018 at 9:56 p.m.

Mike H

The only application that I'm familiar with using Kynar is as a paint.  Kynar finished steel and/0r aluminum has become the standard in commercial roofing, at least with contractors that consider 24 ga. steel as the minimum standard of quality.

As any other type of "coating", I am completely unaware, but the reference you provided would lead me to believe that the term "coating" is actually what the layperson would call "paint".

But to borrow a term from my old friend EGG, "waddoino"?

April 4, 2018 at 7:21 a.m.

rachael.greene@hullgroupinc.com

Good Morning,

This is from Metal Coating's website.

PVDF coating (polyvinylidene fluoride) or Kynar® coating is a pure thermoplastic fluoropolymer that is non-reactive and possesses multiple coating benefits. Kynar coating is a chemical resistant, thick film barrier coating primarily used on chemical processing equipment due to it's low weight and low thermal conductivity. This coating is unaffected by most chemicals and solvents, and has excellent wear and abrasion resistance. PVDF coatings are especially resistant to solvents, acids and heat, and has low density compared to similar fluoropolymers. Kynar PVDF coatings for steel, aluminum, and other metals also have a high dielectric strength, excellent resistance to weathering elements in harsh environments. Along with the ability to self extinguish, PVDF coating material generates little smoke in the event of a fire.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Affinity Webinar - Banner - On Demand
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest