Français

User Access

ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Redefining Solar Distribution
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How easy is it to obtain a contractor's licence in California?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jeffevans

Hello guys,

I am planning to start a new contract business in the coming months. The business will be related to general construction and engineering. Since I live in CA, I have to obtain a licence form CSLB (Contractors State License Board) prior to starting a business. Let me tell you honestly, other than knowing a few basic things about trade laws, I know nothing about CSLB or how to get a licence form them. I heard that it the actual approval rate is small and it is difficult to pass the exam in the first attempt. So, I am thinking of joining a California contractors School to educate myself on this field. Have anyone here tried getting a contractor certificate from CSLB? How was the process overall? How long did it take for you to prepare for the exam? is it easy to pass the exam in the first try if we put some effort into it?

November 16, 2018 at 12:25 p.m.

Corey1

YES, Do the school! study time depends on you and time available. Personally, I took a week off from work two weeks before the exam and stayed there from the time they opened till the time they passed to make sure everything was still fresh in my head.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Affinity Webinar - Banner - On Demand
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2